Chapter 18: Bloodbath part I

(Normal pov)

Stoick stood at the front of his flagship and wrapped his thick heavy bear fur cloak tightly around his body while the Hooligan fleet, as well as their allies fleet sailed the below freezing waters, heading straight for the Northern Markets, since that was no doubt where Hiccup was located.

The Hooligan chieftain looked behind him to see his younger brother and sister in law sharpening their weapons; eager to avenge their son. As were the Thorston's, the heads of their sons was in fact flayed of all its skin and was only mangled muscle and bone, the only evidence telling that these heads were in fact Snotlout Jorgenson and Tuffnut Thorston were the belt buckles that held their clan emblem.

Gobber approached his old friend and looked out towards the horizon and sighed heavily. "Has it truly come to this Stoick? Civil war amongst our people?" The Hooligan chieftain turned to Gobber and gave his response. "I suppose it has. Though all of this could have been evaded had we treated Hiccup the right way." Pinching the bridge of his nose while shaking his head, Stoick felt like the biggest fool on Midgard, for failing to actually raise his one and only son.

Hiccup had turned out strong, battle hardened, courageous and more Viking like then Stoick could've ever asked for. And his son built himself up and had the love, respect, kindness and support of his Danish people and allies. That was where he and the people ofd Berk failed, actually supporting their heir and now the consequences of their actions and words have led to civil war.

"You know we will not survive this Stoick. Don't you?" Gobber said, Stoick turned to the old veteran Viking and nodded. "Yes, the thought has been on mind for quite some time, but if we die? Then perhaps it is what we deserve for what we all did to Hiccup." Before Gobber could reply back, war horns sounded off in the distance, everyone looked out towards the horizon and began clamoring as the sight of Danish ships dotted the horizon straight ahead and out of the light cloud of winter fog.

"Hiccup." Stoick murmured as at the head of the Danish fleet, were six massive dreadnaughts, but the one in the very center? Its colors held a violet Night Fury head with a battle axe embedded in the back of its skull. Telling everyone how Hiccup's first bonded Night Fury was killed by Berks very own Fearless Astrid Hofferson.

The Stone-head tribe sounded their battle horns and began rowing at ramming speeds to advance on Hiccup and the Danish fleet, Stoick turned to his ally as if he had gone mad. He quickly cupped his hands around his mouth and roared out. "IVAR!!! YOU CANNOT TAKE HICCUP'S FLEET HEAD ON!!! PULL BACK AND WAIT FOR US!!!" But Stoick received no answer from the Stone-head chieftain, no wonder his name involved witless, because he was stupid, just like he was making such a stupid choice to take on the entire Danish fleet alone.

Stoick then turned to his crew. "Sound the horns!!" One of the Hooligans took out a battle horn and blew it with all their might, the remaining Hooligan ships then raised their flags and began rowing at ramming speeds to catch up to Ivar and his Son-head fleet. Turning to his brother, Stoick ordered Spitelout to signal the rest of Berks allies to keep up.

The fleets of the Bog Burglars, Meathead, Thunderhead and Tree-root tribes were right behind the Hooligan fleet, sailing at ramming speeds while Ivar and the Stone-heads took the lead. However, just as the Stone-head tribe were halfway to engaging the Danish fleet, a massive creature surfaced from the icy waters. It was a dragon, but a dragon the likes of which neither the Hooligans, their allies nor the Danes have ever seen before. It had large spikes protruding from back of its neck, small teeth compared to its massive body ratio, coral-like scales around its body, it had tail fins and had two massive tusks coming off the front of its face.

This massive leviathan gave out a mighty roar and then unleashed a wave of teal colored ice towards the Stone-head tribes fleet. Screams of horror, agony and panic filled the air, this massive dragon then treaded through the waters tail whipped five ships off the water entirely and the sight of supplies, weapons and Vikings were hurled into the air and then crashed back down into the below freezing waters.