Chapter 19: Bloodbath part II

(Astrid's pov)

That... that was a bloodbath! I have never in my life seen a dragon of that size nor caliber before, but the giant tore apart Ivar's fleet and now what was once four thousand ships strong Stone-head ships was now reduced to only fifty. Our once combined fleet of fifty thousand was now reduced to eight hundred in thirty minutes tops, thanks to the traitor Valka Haddock and her swarm of dragons and massive sea monster.

I could see Hiccup and his Danish fleet right on our tail and I knew that we had very little time before we would be engaged by the enemy once again. Stoick himself looked broken, he looked like he wanted nothing more than to make all of this just... go away. If only it were that easy.

Finally touching down on the beach of the island, we all dismounted in silence, offloaded the ships in silence and gathered our forces as one and just ran as fast as our legs could carry us.

BOOM!!

A series fireballs rained down upon us and I looked up to swarms of dragons above us began dive bombing down on us and ultimately scattering our forces, leaving every tribe for itself. I watched in horror as my friends, allies and fellow comrades were being blown to bits, snatched off the ground and then being dropped hundreds of feet back down to Midgard and watching so many of my brothers and sisters being burned to an unrecognizable crisp.

Suddenly, the banshee like whistle of a Night Fury's was heard, out of nowhere, six highly concentrated blasts were fired and sent many off us flying into the air and tumbling back on the ground roughly and violently. I groaned in pain as I looked up to see the biggest Night Fury out of the other five and could see Hiccup wielding... a sword of flame as he then pointed directly towards Ivar the Witless's forces, his Night Fury's maw glowed with blood red crimson and fired, the crimson fire sent Ivar's people flying in all directions while being engulfed in crimson fire.

My ears were ringing as my mind screamed at me to get up and run, I tried to get back up but I cried out in agony as I looked down in horror to see my right leg wasn't on my body. As I crawled desperately, I heard Sihtric's cries of horror and panic at my condition and knelt by my side. "Oh gods. Astrid, your leg..."

"...Is gone! Yes I know that Sihtric!" I snarled out at him, he murmured an apology and was about to stop the bleeding when a flaming sword embedded itself deeply into his chest. "SIHTRIC!!" I cried out in horror as I watched the man I loved die before my eyes, before I could pull out the flaming sword, a Night Fury landed right in front of me and bore its razor sharp teeth at me, its face was etched with sheer hatred towards me and I could tell it wanted to kill me.

"Oh, look how the mighty have fallen."

Looking up, Hiccup had a murderous grin plastered on his face and the sight caused chills of fear to crawl down my spine. He then slid off his dragon and dislodged his sword from Sihtric's corpse and approached me slowly, causing me to back up as quickly as I could, however, the five other Night Fury's landed around me and prevented my escape. I could see each of the five other Night Fury's had riders on their backs, Danes to be exact and I could only assume these were the five other Danish kings and queens who are allied with Hiccup.

"You took away not only the only living being I cared about in Midgard five years ago Astrid, but you took away a brother away from these six Night Fury's that you see." Hiccup said while gesturing to each Fury. They were all crouched on low on all fours and bore their teeth at me while slowly creeping closer to me. I whimpered in pure terror as I realized that I was going to be torn apart, looking to Hiccup, I cried out. "HICCUP PLEASE!!! Forgive me!!" His face was devoid of any emotion and his only eyes were filled with pure hatred towards me as he then spat out.