Chapter 13: Back from the dead

(Valka's pov)

It's been three days since I visited Hiccup in Paris and his reaction towards my well being was... well shocking is a gross understatement.

"You chose to live amongst dragons rather than be on Berk and protect your one and only son!"

My sons words were stilling ringing inside my head for days on end, and the harsh sting of his words made me realize just how... selfish I was. He was right, I cared too much about the dragons and decided to stay away rather than stay and protect my only son from the horrors that were inflicted upon him.

::Valka, tell me what is wrong. You have had a bitter mood for three moons::

Cloudjumper warbled gently, I looked down to see my faithful dragons head turned to me, I smiled sadly at my dragon and caressed his head gently. "My son spoke to me as if he wanted absolutely nothing to do with me. And he has every right to push me away." I whimpered as I closed my eyes and could feel tears stinging my eyes. "I knew the consequences of staying with you and the Bewilderbeast, that I could never return to my old life as a Viking and pretend to be someone I wasn't." A tear slid down my eye and I shuddered out. "The things those... animals did to my son... oh my poor boy."

::He is like you, is he not?::

"Hiccup was different the moment he entered this world Cloudjumper. I knew he would be the greatest Viking on Midgard, and he already is!" I replied to my dragons question, turning around I continued speaking. "He was the first of his generation to train a dragon; bond with it and love that dragon as if it were his own brother. But... with that very first dragon he bonded with gone? He thirsts for vengeance and I fear what killing all the Hairy Hooligans will do to my son." I sighed heavily, remembering the raw anger, hatred and malice in Hiccup's voice, just mentioning his past and the people of Berk.

And it scared me greatly.

::What do you want to do? Your son has already rejected you and claims he wants nothing to do with you. What now?::

Closing my eyes, I realize now what I have to do. Something I should have done ages ago. Looking down to Cloudjumper, I answer him.

"I think it's time I pay Berk a visit and see for myself what kind of a man my husband has become."

(Stoick's pov)

"Chief Stoick, we have all heard the stories of your very famous son Hiccup Haddock, who is now King Haddock. He, along with five other Danish rulers have conquered the whole of Frankia in five years with the millions of warriors at their command and with the aid of dragons! And... you're asking us to aid you and Berk to fight against such forces of man and dragon?!"

I sighed heavily and stared into the eyes of Ivar the Witless, Chieftain of the Stone-head tribe, the man was bulky in muscle, he had brown eyes, his hairstyle was a spiky mohawk yet the rest of his head was bald that had tattoos on his head and runes tattooed on the side of his head and he had razor sharp brunette beard. He wore a grey tunic, a brown leather belt and a buckle that held the Stone-head tribe emblem, black leather boots and he was draped in a bear fur cloak.

"Yes Ivar, Hiccup is hellbent on reclaiming vengeance for the death of abomination and for what we did to him, and you and the Stone-head armies would be of great help to us in defeating Hiccup and his army of Danes and dragons." I boomed out while pounding a fist to the armrest of my throne, I then leaned forward and added. "I will give you anything you wish for you and your tribes aid to our defense."

Ivar stroked his beard and then looked back up at me with pursed lips before speaking his desires. "I wish for ten thousand furs and pelts for my people to keep themselves warm. Eight thousand pounds weight in gold, silver and precious stones and one thousand pounds weight of meat and grain." I inhaled sharply at Ivar's desires and spoke firmly. "You ask a very high price Witless." Ivar smiled lightly and shrugged. "That is the price of our alliance. Or do you wish for your son and his army of man and dragon to wipe you and your people off the face of Midgard?"