Chapter 14: I trust you

(Hiccup's pov)

Sailing during the winter was an insane prospect, because if the storms didn't kill you? Exposure to hypothermia for many days certainly will.

But my thirst for revenge kept a fire blazing in my gut and I didn't even feel the cold air creeping into my bones, or didn't care that the snow falling on top of me and it sticking to my exposed skin, all I felt was the fire inside me and that was all the warmth I needed.

Looking to my right and left, I could see each of the Danish rulers dreadnaughts sailing along side mine and behind us was our entire fleet as well was the swarms of dragons and the Hydra. Also, each of the Danish rulers had bonded with the four other Night Fury's, they had bonded during the five year conflict we had with the Franks.

As we continued to sail, I laid eyes on very familiar mountain ranges that stuck up like massive claws, which those familiar with that land know as Claw Island. Its quite a famous hunting island for those who go out into the wilderness and prove themselves to their people and folk that they have matured and become man or woman. But more importantly, Claw Island told me that we were back in Norway, and that Berk is not far.

Sighing heavily, I order my captain to send word to Gunhild's dreadnaught and inform her that I require her presence on board my dreadnaught— Fury Rider. Within fifteen minutes tops, Gunhild landed on the deck of my ship while on top of Azure, my beloved slid off her bonded dragon and cocked her head at me. "You summoned me?" I nodded and took her hand and led her to my chambers.

Once entering my chambers, I stripped off my heavy fur cloak, leather armor, and boots, once those articles of clothing were stripped, I sat on my bed and waited for Gunhild to follow my example and sit next to me. Looking into her gorgeous eyes, I shake my head and speak. "I feel as if I was... too harsh on my mother." I had revealed everything to Gunhild after I had cast Valka out of Paris, I told my beloved that my mother was in fact alive after twenty years and the fact that she chose dragons over me! That still made my blood boil, she could've at least return and taken me away from all the pain and suffering I've endured.

"Do you really believe you were too harsh on your mother?" Gunhild asked, she then placed a hand on my knee and continued. "She did abandon you after all. You had every right to be angry with her." I nodded and then countered. "Yes, but I could see that my mother was... genuinely saddened that she missed out the twenty years of my life; that she didn't raise me, wasn't there for me or wasn't there to protect me." Sniffling slightly, I scoff lightly and look right into Gunhild's eyes. "Should I give her a chance to make amends?" She smiled warmly at me and kissed my lips softly, gods, her lips tasted divine as I kissed her back.

When we broke the intimate kiss, she caressed my stubbled cheek lovingly and murmured. "You only have one mother my love. I lost mine in battle, yet she was always there for me. But you? If you forgive her and welcome her with open arms? You won't regret it." I smiled at her words and pressed my forehead against hers, she sighed happily as we pressed foreheads together and caressed each others cheeks. "I cannot thank Odin enough for blessing me with such an incredible woman." I murmur, causing Gunhild to giggle lightly and reply back. "It is the same for me."

I remove my forehead from my beloved's and look deeply into her eyes and speak boldly. "I want you." Her eyes widened in shock and surprise, we have never had sex in the five years of our relationship, we've only engaged in heated make out sessions and caressing bare skin, but no sex or foreplay. Gunhild took my hands in hers and gave them a gentle squeeze as she cocked her head at me. "Are you sure Hiccup? I don't want you to rush--"

"I'm not rushing. I-I'm not going to let my past cripple me any longer. What those... animals did to me? Is in the past. Right now in the present? All I want is to show you just how much I love you." I kiss her forehead and smile at her before murmuring. "I trust you." Gunhild smiled widely at me and murmured back. "Alright. I trust you too." We then leaned in and kissed each other deeply and passionately.