Chapter 15: Your past comes back to haunt you

(Stoick's pov)

"You did what?!!"

Snotlout and Tuffnut winced at my tone as I had questioned them why they looked uncomfortable in their own skin when Valka had revealed Hiccup was raped. So I questioned my nephew and the Thorston boy about the subject and they tried lying to me, but I told them if they didn't tell me the truth? The consequences for lying to me would be dire.

So they revealed what they did to Hiccup on his fifteenth birthday late that night. How they raped him for hours and threatened him if he told anyone, they'd rape him again. I let out a disbelieving cry of rage as I flipped the nearest table, mugs and jugs of ale spilling everywhere and clattering on the ground. Turning back to these two idiot boys, I then snarled out. "Get out of my sight! NOW!!!" They winced at my tone and fled my sight in the blink of an eye, crying out in disbelief and rage I punched the wall of my home and huffed and puffed. 

Taking a seat near my fire pit, I place my face in my hands and shake my head in utter disbelief, disgust and outrage towards Snotlout and Tuffnut. I-I could've prevented this, all of this! If I just did my duty as a parent and actually raise Hiccup, none of this would be happening! 

A knock on my door caused me to sigh and get up to answer, when the door opened, I was shocked and surprised to see Gobber the Belch standing before me. The man had been out traveling the world for so long, none of us thought he'd ever return to Berk, especially now. "Gobber. Come in." I said, the man nodded and entered my home, he noticed the flipped over table and mugs and jug of ale on the ground and turned to me. "Another day in paradise eh chief?" He asked jokingly, I however grunted and closed the door before turning back to my life long friend. "Why have you come back Gobber? Surely you've heard about Hiccup by now." 

"I have. I came back because... I need to see with my own two eyes what kind of person he's become. And... and attempt to give you and Berk a second chance." Gobber replied, the man then removed his thick heavy fir cloak off and sat next to the fire while poking the burning logs with the poker, I sat next to my friend and watched the fire dancing before my eyes. "He won't spare us Gobber. Any of us." I murmured out, he turned to me and nodded. "Maybe. Or maybe you and this whole bloody village ought to swallow their pride and accept the fact that what you did to your son was wrong and apologize to the lad." 

"He won't accept my apology!" I growled out before continuing. "I know he won't accept my apology. He'll destroy us all for what we all did to him." Gobber then looked into the fire and scratched his bald head before speaking again. "He's close by Stoick. The ship that brought me back said that millions of Danish ships and swarms of dragons are heading straight for Berk." Turning back to me, he cocked his head. "Have you asked for support to Berks allies?" I nod in confirmation. "Aye. The latest to join us is Ivar the Witless, chief of the Stone-head tribe, they along with the Bogs, Meatheads, Thunderhead and Tree-root tribes have pledged their support to us."

"Hiccup will have a million more warriors." Gobber stated, sighing heavily, I pinch the bridge of my nose and nod. "I know." Shaking my head once more, I murmur out hoarsely. "It is useless. Hiccup doesn't wish for battle. He wishes to wipe us out!" Gobber patted my back as a gesture of encouragement and support. "I wish I could tell you everything would be alright Stoick, but that would be an outright lie." Turning to Gobber, the man gave me a light smile and shrugged. "I don't know what to tell you old friend." Snorting lightly, I return Gobber's light smile and nod in agreement. 

"Me neither my friend. Me neither." 

(Astrid's pov)

Having finished my training for the day, I was sleeked in sweat and approached a barrel full of water and began to wash the sweat off my body. The early morning was freezing and the water was even more so, but as Vikings? We're used to pain, hardship and harsh climate, so I didn't let such things slow me down.