Chapter 20: Vengeance is claimed

(Normal pov)

As nightfall fell on Norway, only handfuls of warriors remained on Berk to defend it if their chief and their allies failed to push Hiccup back. Fishlegs Ingerman, along with some of the warriors patrolling the streets of Berk looked out toward the horizon and could see a massive form in the sky head straight for the two statues in the water.

"What in Odin's name is that?" Fishlegs murmured to himself while warriors too were trying to figure out what it was. Squinting their eyes to try and get a better look at the object, Fishlegs and the warriors eyes suddenly widened in horror as the two statues were sliced in half and came crashing down in the icy waters, and the object they were desperately trying to get a look at came into view when the object illumined itself in magma like light.

"Thor's hammer." Fishlegs said as the object revealed itself to be a dragon the likes of which he has never seen before in his life.

The warriors and Fishlegs could only stare in horror at the sight of a five headed dragon and it then unleashed a thunderous roar that caused them to cover their ears and the roar awoke the whole of Berk. As the Hairy Hooligans all rushed outside to see what was going on, they were all horrified at the sight of the Hydra and as it bared its teeth at them while still flapping its massive wings. Then the sight of a Night Fury came into view and with Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III himself riding on the beast, before the Hooligans could curse the traitor, Hiccup produced the head of Stoick the Vast and roared out.

"Your chief is dead!!"

He then hurled the head towards the village and it landed at the feet of the Hairy Hooligans who were all dumbstruck. Their chief was?! It wasn't possible. Stoick was the greatest warrior of them all and he fell at the hands of his traitorous spawn?!

"No one can protect you now!" Hiccup roared out again as he produced Inferno and then pointed it down towards the whole of Berk, the Hydra then inhaled sharply and then unleashed hell like flames down upon Berks inhabitants. Fishlegs had received his answer. Nobody would be spared, so he closed his eyes and accepted his fate. The Hairy Hooligans couldn't react in time as they were completely vaporized by the intensity of the heat and heat wave itself.

Screams of horror filled the air and they all sent waves of ecstasy crashing down on Hiccup. This... place and its people have taken away his innocence, deprived him of love, respect and acknowledgement. And now? Hiccup himself felt like a god himself as he watched the Hydra's fire continued to exterminate the village of Berk.

As the fire began engulfing everyone and everything in its path, Hiccup then turned to Valka and her dragon— Cloudjumper and nodded at his mother, she nodded back at her son and then gave a dragon call of her own. Out of the depths of the ocean, the Bewilderbeast rose and gave a mighty roar for a species of dragon called World-Eaters to dig below Berk and ultimately sink the island. The World-Eaters resembled a Whispering Death, only these dragons favored water rather than land, they could survive without water, but they just preferred the seas.

Soon, hundreds upon hundreds of World-Eaters burst out of the burning village of Berk and then dive bombed back into the water and to repeat the process over and over again until Berk began sinking. After ten minutes of eating the earth below Berk and burst out of it? The World-Eaters successfully completed their task and sunk Berk to the bottom of the sea until there was nothing left but debris, pieces of earth floating in the water and charred human remains.

"It is done. Berk is destroyed and with its destruction? I have claimed my vengeance." Hiccup said, he then turned to the Hydra and bowed his head in thanks to the five headed alpha, the Hydra nodded in acknowledgment to Hiccup and then the five headed dragons voice entered the young kings mind.

::THE REST OF YOUR FOLLOWERS ARRIVE HICCUP HADDOCK::

Turning around, Hiccup could see his the rest of the Black Dane fleet approaching, so, turning to his mother, Hiccup raised his eyebrows at her. "Will you and your dragon swarm join the Black Danes? Will you join me?" He asked hopefully, Valka smiled warmly at her son and answered him. "I will never leave you again Hiccup. I will stand by your side until I die." Her words brought a smile to Hiccup's lips and he nodded in thanks before urging Blaze to return to the Black Dane fleet.

(Hiccup's pov)

Upon landing on the Fury Rider, roars of triumph from both Danes and dragon filled my ears and I couldn't react fast enough when Gunhild crashed into my chest and embraced me with all her might, I chuckled and returned her embrace before murmuring into her ear. "Its done. Berk is no more." Gunhild pulled away and kiss me, I returned her kiss and I have never felt such joy in all my life.

Breaking off Gunhild's sweet lips, I watched as Valka and Cloudjumper landed on the deck of my ship and I helped my mother off her dragon before turning to my fellow rulers and warriors. "This is Valka. She's my mother and she has sworn to pledge herself and her dragons to the Black Danes!!" Another wave of roars filled the air as I embraced my mother and she immediately returned it. "This means everything to me." I whispered in my mothers ear, causing her to embrace me tighter and she whispered back. "I meant what I said son, I will never leave you again." Her words made me choked up and I embraced her tighter.

Finally, when we broke apart, Gunhild smirked at me and asked. "So, what now my love?" Everyone then began to join her and questioned me.

"Aye, what is our next move?"

"Do we return to Paris?"

"Shall we raid?"

Returning Gunhild's smirk and nodding at Frodo, Haesten, Aslaug and Hild, I look out towards the horizon and then back around and answered my followers questions.

"Now? Now we conquer the world."

A/N: And that wraps up Fury Rider! I hope y'all enjoyed it. So the next story is gonna be A Dragon Rider's Heart, but first I'm going to take a break and catch my breath. As always, I hope you enjoyed the book and I'll see you in the next one.