Chapter 4: Battle of titans

(Hiccup's pov) 

I had thought the Hydra's heads alone were massive, but its body? Odin's breath, the dragons body was the size of a mountain. It was bulky, strong, and not only had Monstrous Nightmare like wings, but it had massive forepaws and eagle like talons to subdue larger prey and challengers and its hind legs held a massive talon to puncture opponents in vital areas of their body. 

The Hydra made it clear to me and the Night Fury's to only engage should the Red Death play dirty, which I had a strong feeling it would; absolute power corrupts absolutely. This is a dragon who has ruled through terror and fear for three centuries. I never believed dragons to be evil, but the way the Hydra speaks of the Red Death? He speaks of her as if she's a devil taking dragon form. 

We had been flying for at least three hours now and finally we approached a wall of fog, officially entering the Red Death's kingdom. Taking a deep breath, I steel my racing nerves for the battle that would ensue between dragon alphas. Upon entering the cloud of fog, we follow the hisses of dragons no doubt directly ahead of us, I looked down to see many Hooligan ships that were destroyed and human remains scattered across the rocks and destroyed ships. 

The sight only brought a smile to my face, because when I have built an empire of dragon and man? I will ensure Berk is nothing more than a faded memory and every one of its people shall feel my wrath. 

But not today. 

Today is about slaying the Red Death and freeing her swarm from her mad rule and introducing them to the Hydra's fair and just rule. Finally, exiting the cloud of fog, I lay eyes on a massive volcano like mountain, and I could hear thousands of dragons hissing and growling within. Patting Blaze gently on the neck, I coo reassurance in his ears and to his siblings as I could see their faces twist with anxiousness. Finally, when the Hydra landed on the beach of Helheim's Gate, the great dragon let out a series of challenging roars to draw out the Red Death. 

::RED DEATH!! I AM THE HYDRA!! DESTROY ONE HEAD? TWO MORE SHALL TAKE THEIR PLACE!! YOU ARE UNFIT TO RULE YOUR SWARM!! I CHALLENGE YOU FOR CONTROL OF YOUR SWARM!!::

The moment the Hydra boomed his challenge? Another roar filled the air, only this roar was full of hatred and outrage. Suddenly, the mountain began to crack apart and a large head came into view, taking a closer look, I could fully see the head of the Red Death. Her head had long frill like spines which almost resembled a crown of some kind, at least in my eyes. She had six eyes total, razor sharp width long teeth and a there was curve to her snout, similar to a sharks dorsal fin. 

Continuing to smash down the rock wall, the rest of the Red Death's body came into view and her size was the stuff of stories, like the Hydra itself. The Red Death had long spines going down its back, it had a massive club like tail that was covered in sharp spikes, her forepaws were massive but didn't have talons to grasp her challengers, and her wings were folded behind her back, no doubt she hasn't used them in hundreds of years due to her laziness. Once the Red Death was outside of her throne? She let out a thunderous roar and snarled at the Hydra before her.

::I AM THE RED DEATH, QUEEN OF DRAGONS!! IF YOU WISH TO CHALLENGE ME FOR MY SWARM? THEN LET US FIGHT, OLD FOE!!::

The Red Death then rose to her hind legs and her maw built up with methane gas, she then ignited the gas and let loose a tidal wave of hell like flames down on the Hydra. Thankfully, the Hydra wrapped his massive wings around his body to protect himself from the wave of flame, when the Red Death ceased her attack, three of the Hydra's long serpent like heads lashed out and sank their sharp teeth into the Red Death's throat, causing the Queen of Dragons to let out a blood curdling roar.