Chapter 10: Siege of Paris

(Normal pov)

Frankish soldiers patrolled the walls of Paris, it was a beautiful Sunday morning and the citizens of the Frankish capital were attending church and celebrating one of their saint days. Whilst the soldiers patrolled the city itself and its walls, they would not be prepared for the attack that would strike them like lightning. A lone Frankish solider looked out towards the horizon and could see specks out on the river channel, so taking out a telescope, the Frankish solider nearly soiled himself at the sight of millions of Danish ships coming straight for Paris at ramming speed.

That soldier cried out in the Frankish tongue; alerting his fellow comrades that a massive army of heathens were on the horizon, the soldiers prepared themselves for their attackers and wasted no time in sounding the alarm to warn the citizens of Paris of the great heathen army that were preparing to attack them. Whilst the Frankish soldiers prepared themselves for the seaborne attack, they could hear loud banging coming from the Danish ships and the Franks could hear their enemies roaring out.

"Odin! Giver os styrke til at kæmpe!! Flyd os med Aesirs vrede!! Og må vi erobre Paris til de svarte danskere!!"

A series of battle grunts and the clanging of shields were heard, which sounded more like thunder claps to the Franks ears, the defenders of Paris mumbled prayers to God to give them the strength and the courage to hold off the Danish armies.

Suddenly, a series of ghastly roars filled the air and the when the Franks looked up? They paled at the sight. A dragon with five serpent like heads and its body was the size of a mountain, descended from the clouds, as well as millions of other dragons, with two sleek black dragons leading the pack. A crimson plasma bolt was fired and made contact with the wall, sending any Frankish soldiers in the area to be hurled off and fall to their deaths while burning to an unrecognizable crisp.

The Hydra let out a mighty roar and laid eyes on the Franks aiming catapults and ballistas at himself and his swarms, deciding to kill them first, the Hydra unleashed hell like flames down upon the Franks manning their machines of war, causing both Paris's defenders and its war machines to burn and be reduced to ash.

Quickly forming into groups, the Franks loaded bolts into their crossbows and took aim above them and fired, but the dragons were out of range. Soon enough, another crimson plasma bolt came down from the heavens and sent the group of Franks flying in every direction while they burned alive, one of the Franks looked up at the large sleek black dragon and was shocked to see... a boy riding the dragon, the boy looked behind him and cried out in the Danish tongue.

"Dræb dem! Dræb dem alle!!!"

Soon enough, Danish dragon riders urged their bonded dragons to descend down to the scattered and panicking Franks to finish them off. The Danish dragon riders had one archer behind them to give support, if the dragon failed to kill a Frankish soldier? The archer behind the rider would finish the enemy off.

King Hiccup rode Blaze with a purpose, the Night Fury's scales glowed a blood red crimson was he fired his plasma bolts and he let out terrifying roars to further intimidate the Frankish soldiers before delivering kill blows. The young king could see Frankish soldiers who were stationed at the main gate were abandoning their post to aid their fellow comrades at the wall, the sight brought a wicked smirk to Hiccup's face, he could already see Queen Amma and King Haesten's armies already charging the main gate while being silent as a grave.

Returning his gaze back to the wall, Hiccup could see King Frodo and Queen Aslaug command the Danish fleet towards the wall, when they were close enough? They unleashed wave after wave of flaming catapults down on the unfinished portion of the wall. Hiccup could see the Franks manning more catapults and aiming them at the Danish fleet, so the young king patted Blaze's neck and pointed toward the enemy catapults. "Lets take out those catapults Blaze, so our fleet can continue the bombardment undisturbed."