Chapter 4

Lou's POV

I woke up to see Debbie curled up on me, her head resting on my chest. I smiled. In past one week, this is the first time we are this close genuinely and not for any drama. She's sleeping, lightly snoring. I always found it adorable. She'll never accept if I say that when awake but her denial is also cute and fun to watch. I lightly ran my fingers through her brown hair. It's grown much now. Since the prison, she cut it only once. I like her hair. It's silky and soft. I always dreamt of us waking up like this with real feelings, as a couple.

But suddenly the fake marriage and fake PDAs came into the picture. I felt sad and angry again. Now I'm aware of my situation. What happened yesterday? How did I reach here? Who changed my clothes? And why am I in Rose's room? Also I think someone kissed me yesterday? Who? What happened between me and that person? Did I accidentally cheat on Debbie? Oh no...

I'm not able to follow up. I'm not able to digest that fact. I cannot... I'm ashamed.. I immediately pushed Debbie aside and got up from the bed. Debbie woke up by this action. She saw me walking out of the room and into my own room. I heard her calling me but I couldn't. I know it's stupid but I feel I betrayed her. I closed the door hard and collapsed near the door. I cried. I can hear Debbie's voice. She's calling me.. she's knocking the door.

"Just go away Debbie", I said.

"Honey.. open the door please"

"I told you go away. I don't wanna talk to anyone"

"Lou please"

I didn't reply. I couldn't... I cannot face her. I feel I'm a cheater. I know my faithfulness for her means nothing to her or our relationship but I still can't.

I heard the door knob turn. Fuck why she had to be good at picking the locks? The door was unlocked but she cannot open because my back is pressed against the door. She tried hard to push away but I was firm in my decision. Somehow she pushed the door halfway but it wasn't enough for her to enter inside.

I felt her sitting down on the other side of the door. I am feeling bad now. I am shutting her down. But I don't have any choice. My mind is fucked up. When I see her, my heart starts dancing, then it'll remind me of fake marriage, then the fake affections and that breaks my heart. Now, upon that I have this fucking guilt that I cheated her unknowingly. I can't... My mind is a rollercoaster ride for now.

"Baby please... Talk to me...."

I still didn't reply.

"Lou... I know you're angry on me.. I shouldn't have forced you yesterday for lunch but please Lou..."

She thinks I'm angry on her? Well that's true but right now it's not the reason

"I just wanted to spend time with you... I feel like you are avoiding me... Or probably I'm imagining it but I want to be with you you. You're my best friend Lou.. I can't have you go away from me"

Bestfriend.. that's what... I'm only your bestfriend.. I can never be anything more

"Please Lou... Speak to me... Please..."

I couldn't speak anything.. I could hear her sobbing. I just stood and walked away towards my bed. It was a wrong move. The moment I walked away, the door which was steady because of my force was now free and it opened completely and Debbie was not ready for that. She fell backwards.

I wanted to go for her and help her get up. But before I did, she herself got up and walked towards me. I was on my bed, sitting and crying.

Third person POV