Chapter 12

Third person POV

Debbie spent time till evening in her room thinking about everything that happened in last two days. She is ashamed of her behaviour. She also remembered how Lou, ignorant to everything was being supportive to her.

You are the worst, Debbie Ocean

She then went downstairs. She saw Lou petting Mike. Lou saw Debbie.

"Hey sleepyhead"

Debbie didn't say anything, instead she went and hugged Lou. Didn't cry, or speak or mainly didn't lust. She just hugged. It was comforting.

"Hey what happened? Are you fine?", Lou said letting Mike get down from her lap, wrapping her arms around Debbie and making her sit next to her. She is worried that Debbie is hurt.

"Hey honey, speak to me. What happened? Is something bothering you? Did you get any news from Danny? Is he alive? Did your gammy die?"

"Lou"

"Sorry, what happened?"

"I want us to be like before", Debbie said lifting her face to see Lou.

"Means?"

"I have changed Lou. I don't want this change. I want to be like what I was before marriage, before MET, before prison, before Claude, before our stupid fight..."

"Hey honey... You haven't changed. Well except for the light wrinkles and bit weight, you haven't changed. You are still my Debbie. And honey, what all happened in our life actually strengthened our relationship. If that Claude fucking Becker had not entered our life, we would never know how much we meant to each other. And prison... Well it was bad. It... Shouldn't have happened. But it did teach us something. It taught us that we cannot live without each other. We both suffered without seeing each other. At least I suffered without seeing you, you might have had good number of girls in there..."

Debbie lightly pat on Lou's head

"okay... You suffered too. But baby, that 6 years was the worst. It made me realise that I would anytime do a silly pickpocketing with you instead of having the club, watering down the vodkas alone. I mean, I love my club but it would've been more exciting if we both together started it and watered-down vodkas. But honey, when you came back, my life again filled with happiness. Spending time with you is what I wish for"

"I'm sorry for everything Lou"

"Shh... No sorry from hereafter"

"Why are you always so good to me?"

Because you are my Debbie. My everything. I love you

"Because you are the most important person in my life"

Debbie looked at Lou for a while and then ducked her head back against her chest.

"It's mutual", she said. They sat there on the couch, with Mike resting against Lou's other side.

Debbie took Lou's hand. She saw the bandage was changed.

"You changed the bandage? You went to doctor's again? Is it paining? You alright?"

"Oh, I am fine baby. Rose came and changed it. She was worried that I must've ruined it. Turned out, she was right. It had gotten loose and would cause infection if I had left it that way. She cleaned and bandaged again. Such a sweetheart"

"She is. In fact, the most innocent in our team"

"She was scared too. She thought I would be still angry. And she was worried for you. Whatever happened yesterday gave her anxiety"