Chapter 15

A/n: This chapter mostly highlights how Debbie is trying to understand what's going on, how her brain is having a battle within itself. Also, how little things by Lou makes her happy. Love happens in an instant. But sometimes it takes one step a time to realise and acknowledge.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Debbie woke up and realised she is almost sleeping on Lou. Her head was placed on Lou's chest and Lou had wrapped her hands around her. Debbie didn't exactly understand how they ended up like that. If she was not wrong, they had Mike in between them.

Debbie immediately got up to check whether Mike was squashed between them. Well, she didn't find him. That's a relief. Also, he is a dog. He would bite them if they squashed him. She got up and walked outside and stood near the railings. She saw Mike was downstairs playing with Constance. The moment she looked at Constance, she remembered her words.

She thinks us as a perfect couple who is also fucking... Well making love to each other. Are we actually that perfect? Are we...?

Debbie why are you thinking all these? You both have been mistaken to be couples for long times now. This is nothing new. Why are you giving so much thought on it? You need to...

But wait. What is it like to be a perfect partner? Perfect couple. I mean, Lou and I, are we really perfect? We fight a lot. We... But we also can't live without each other. We are each other's priority.

But you both are friends Debbie. Stop thinking stupidly. You are friends for so long, hence cannot live without each other and are each other's priority. Because you both have same views on relationships and commitments, you both have given more importance to friendship and not some relationships with others. You need to stop seeing your friendship in others point of view. You know what it is. It...

But what it must be like to be with Lou? Like more than her best friend? What is it to be her girlfriend or lover or wife for real? How different will we be from now? How will it feel to...? To make love to...

DEBORAH! STOP. YOU JUST CAME OUT OF YOUR LUST OVER LOU. DON'T DO THAT AGAIN. DON'T DO THAT. DON'T SEE HER WITH YOUR LUSTY EYES. YOU FUCKING MORON. STOP YOUR PERVERSION. YOU...

But wait. I am not lusting. I didn't feel in the way I felt three days before. I am just... I am thinking what it will be like to be on the receiving end of Lou's love. My intension wasn't on thinking of physical act. I was thinking about the emotional bond between us. How will it feel? I was thinking about that. I wasn't imagining Lou and me naked. I was imagining how nice it would be to have her as my lover. I...

Deborah stop it! Before your mind starts wandering, just stop. You don't do love or feelings. Neither does Lou. So, stop. Don't think about anything. Stop... she doesn't think that way. She hardened herself long back when Julia broke her heart.

But... Lou does believe in love nowadays. Lou is with Tammy now. Secretly. And she had change in her views about love. Is it because she is falling for Tammy? She... She will be heartbroken. I need to get her out of it. I...

Jesus! Debbie you are messing with your own self. Stop thinking anything. Stop. For now, Lou is with you in room. Not with Tammy. She hasn't been with Tammy since day before yesterday, morning. And that day too they only shared a kiss. Nothing more. And soon you will be going to Hawaii with her. Tammy won't be there. You can have Lou out of her clutch. You can knock some sense in her during that time. So, stop thinking much. Just go with the flow. It's all in your hand now Debbie

Debbie went inside the room again. She saw Lou sleeping. Her jacket open and spread on either side. The chains too in different angles. Debbie slept next to Lou, propped her head on her elbow. She looked carefully at Lou. She took in every detail of Lou's face.