Chapter 7

Debbie's POV

She slapped my Gammy! Lou slapped my gammy! And she spoke to her in degraded manner. Now Lou is taking her personal grudge on my Gammy. She is going out of our act. She cannot do this. She cannot take advantage of the situation. I cannot see anyone disgracing my Gammy. This is the second time in a day, she's getting physical with my Gammy. I thought of dealing the choking issue later but now I cannot wait. She choked her, now she slapped her. And also, a personal dig on my gammy's married life. She has no right to do so. My anger on her returned.

I confronted her but she didn't listen. Instead she mocked me. She is going out of our act. Then she mocked my gammy by faking the apology, kneeling down... she knelt down just so as to mock my gammy. I didn't expect her to do this. Everything was going as per our plan and gammy was about to leave but this twist by Lou... she just got everything back to square one. I cannot tolerate this behaviour by Lou.

I saw Tammy who was really happy. She was enjoying this. Also, others are happy. Nine even whistled. My gammy was insulted, so she walked out. Before going out, she said to control Lou. Yes. I have to control Lou. She is going out of my hand. She spoilt my whole plan. She mocked me. She got physical with my gammy. And she is getting closer to Tammy.

Once gammy was out, I saw Tammy laughing and hugging Lou happily. They both hate my gammy, I know that. But what they did today... its unforgivable. Others too are happy. What the fuck! What do they know about my gammy that they are happy to see her insulted by Lou?

"You fucking bastard. How dare you...", I decided to confront Lou.

"Stop it Debbie. Stop blaming Lou for your deeds. You lost your ground when you put you emotionally blackmailed her in the name of friendship. It's Lou who should be regretting your friendship. Since the day I was born, I've known you... Every day I used to idealise you... Even after our breakup I never lost my admiration for you... But today... You made me thing about my choice. You didn't care about me Debbie... When your granny called me a whore... you still didn't stop her... when she linked me and Lou... you were still silent... You've lost any moral grounds to question Lou"

Tammy is trying to make me feel guilty. What the fuck! I knew what I was doing. Lou had picked up my plan and she too was going by my plan until last moment she decided to take it her own way. But Tammy... she is confronting me? She feels Lou should regret my friendship? What the hell! What is she up to? She wants Lou to get separated from me? Is she trying to steal Lou from me? And I agree my gammy used a wrong word for her but... I was trying to control the situation in my own way by not hurting gammy and not hurting Lou. It's Lou's fault that she decided to do some impromptu show which ruined our plan. She should confront Lou actually.

"Stop it Tammy. I knew what I was doing. Lou knew what I was doing. You didn't..."

"Yes, I knew what I was doing. I was defending my friend. I was supporting my friend..."

Thank god! Lou is clearing everything. She knew what she was doing. She was defending me. She was supporting me. This is the difference between Lou and others. She always knows what I am up to. Though I am angry on her for ruining the plan, I will admire her forever for understanding me and picking up my peculiar change in tone.

"...Because you didn't do it. You... Debbie... you lost my respect for you..."

What? Did Lou just say she lost respect for me? She didn't do it because she understood me? She didn't defend me? Didn't support me? She was angry for real? So... the friend she defended, the friend she supported was not me but Tammy?

"... Today... I am for the first time ashamed of you... You didn't bother about me and Tammy. You supported your granny's wrongness against our goodness. You lost my respect Debbie"