Chapter 39

A/n:

JULIA IS NOT JULIA ROBERTS.

TESS IS PLAYED BY JULIA ROBERTS.

SO DON'T IMAGINE OUR SWEET JULIA ROBERTS AS JULIA WILSON IN THIS STORY 🙏

***********************

"I hate you", Debbie said for the fifth time in last two minutes while Lou was laughing. Apparently, Lou, who miraculously woke up before Debbie, had drawn thick moustache, bushy eyebrows, some weird designs and applied red lipstick all over Debbie's lips and chin. When Debbie woke up, Lou held a small mirror in front of her and Debbie was terrified and screamed loudly. Lou since then, had been laughing while Debbie hit her shoulders, punched her and even pinched her.

"You look so funny"

"I was scared. What if I had cardiac arrest and died?"

"Baby, I am pretty sure you won't get any such attacks. In fact, you won't get any kind of disease or disorders. Your death certificate will state 'death by boredom because there wasn't anything left to steal' in bold letters"

"And your certificate will be recorded as 'encountered by officers on her wife's interest because Lou Miller was too cocky and was an asshole', written in bold and italics"

"Baby, wrong. It is not called encounter. It's called mercy death"

"You... Fuck you. You are saying that I am troublesome and in order to save you from more misery, you were given mercy death? Fuck you. Don't ever talk to me. I hate you. I fucking hate you"

"And yet, you are sharing bed with me, and still holding me tightly in your grip. Wow, your hate is unique. There should be a movie on this and we should name it Ocean's hate"

"Fuck you", Debbie said, tightening her grip around Lou's body. "You are really irritating. I don't know why I put up with every single stupidity of yours"

"Because you don't get a wife as hot and sexy and beautiful as me. You are the only one to have such sexy, hot, beautiful, glamorous and super smart wife. Well, except me. I have a wife who is super-hot, super-sexy, super-fit, super-smart, super-witty, and super-glamorous. Also, she is too stubborn and headstrong. Bossy too. And cherry on top, she is amazing"

"How fucking dare you have a wife like... Wait what? I am your wife, you asshole"

Lou laughed again and this time Debbie too joined.

"Yup. You are my wife who is bossy. I am that henpecked husband... I mean henpecked wife in our case"

"As if you listen to everything I say", Debbie said sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

"Well, 99.99% of the time, I do"

"I have been telling you 1000 times to quit smoking but you never listened"

"Well, I did. I haven't smoked since we came here"

"And once we go back?"

"Well..."

"See, you don't listen to me"

"Fine. I'll not smoke once we return back"

"Promise?"

"I promise"

"Now that's my baby", Debbie leaned and kissed Lou's cheeks leaving lipstick marks. "You know... I never knew your cheeks would be so soft. Also, if I knew you would quit smoking because of me as your wife, I would have married you long back. You know, so many things would have been good. I would spend last 6 years with you, being happy and loved, would make you quit cigarettes long back, would also make you dance. Would kiss you and make everyone jealous and most importantly, would be very proud to be with you"