Chapter 18

Debbie woke up at around 8 pm. She felt Lou's hand around her waist, the bandage texture around her palm making Debbie's exposed skin tingle. Lou was sleeping, her breath against Debbie's neck was giving her goosebumps. Debbie slightly turned her neck towards Lou and saw her sleeping face.

You are beautiful, Miller

Now Debbie turned completely and is facing Lou. Her body pressed against Lou's so that she won't fall from the couch.

"I feel different for you now, Lou. And I love this different feeling. I have fallen for you and I am sure I can never get myself up from it. I... I love you, I guess. I guess this is love. Maybe. I feel more for you than I felt for Tammy or Claude or anyone else. I also feel angry on myself for not getting these feelings earlier. If only you felt the same way..."

Debbie whispered against Lou's lips and then lightly kissed her for a second or two.

"Will I ever have a chance to be more than your friend?"

Debbie then placed her palm on Lou's cheek.

"Hey baby, wake up", she whispered, close to Lou.

Lou didn't wake up.

"Lou, baby wake up", Debbie lightly pat Lou's cheek.

"Why is that every time I sleep, you will be enthusiastic to wake me up", Lou said making a face, still eyes closed. Her accent highly pronounced every time she wakes up and Debbie loves it.

"Because only when you are asleep, I can wake you up. You know, you are a baby. A grown-up baby"

"And the baby needs to sleep. So, good night"

"Lou, wake up. It's 8 in the evening. I'm hungry"

"But I'm sleepy"

"Hunger is more important"

"No, sleep is more important"

"C'mon wake up or I might die of hunger"

"You ate chicken popcorns for snacks"

"It was 3 hours ago. I wanna eat my dinner now, wake up", Debbie said, tickling Lou. Lou squirmed and that made Debbie almost fall from the couch. Lou was fast enough to catch her and pull her closer to her body, holding her tightly.

"Lou, you are holding me too tightly"

Lou loosened her grip. Debbie looked at her with a smile in her face.

"Why are you smiling?"

"Hmm, nothing"

"C'mon, tell me"

"Hmm simply"

"Simply?"

"You know, my life would be so boring without you"

"Am I a joker?"

"Hmm kind of. But that's not the reason why my life would be boring without you"

"Then?"

"Will tell you once you get ready"

"At least tell me something"

"Get up and get ready"

"Debbieee"

"Get readyyy... Wow it rhymed"

"I hate you"

"And I love you... for saying I hate you with so much love. Now get up"

"I cannot get up until you get up, genius"