Chapter 36

"So, if, tomorrow, you fall in love with me, what will you do?"

Lou, as flabbergasted as she was, didn't fail to control her heart and mouth from doing or saying something stupid. Instead, she had her cool attitude plastered on her face, and the nonchalance in her behaviour.

"Well, this might sound stupid, but I won't confess my love to you", Lou said, now sitting beside Debbie. Debbie missed Lou's touch.

"WHAT? Why?"

"Because, I am a coward"

"What? You and coward?"

"Debbie, I am not daring enough to confess my love to you. Even if I try, the moment I see you, all my courage drains out of my body. Ask me to jump into croc infested lake, I will. But confessing to you... I am scared"

"But... why?"

"Because I love you more than I love myself. And also, you are my best friend. I cannot ruin that"

"But... don't you think confessing will be better?"

Debbie asked this because she had an elaborate plan to confess at the end of this honeymoon.

"Well, let me give you my analysis. The scenario is I am in love with you, more than platonically. But you still consider me as your best friend"

"Best friends can't be lovers?"

"They can be when they both have feelings for each other. But the situation you gave me here to analyse, it is different. Here, I am in love, but you are not. You love me platonically. You didn't deviate from friendship which is 20-year-old, 21 in few days. Damn, we came a long way"

"We did. And I am so happy about it"

"Yup, me too. Anyways, back to the analysis. You see me as your best friend. You trust me, admire me and you guide me. Between us, we have developed such a trust and confidence on each other, it is beyond normal. You know, even best friends have some boundaries. But we don't. And that's the best thing happened in our lives. Well, my life, for sure. Don't know about you. You might get fed up of my dork self and might murder me when asleep"

"Fuck you, idiot", Debbie said, punching Lou's shoulder. Lou laughed.

"See, you punch me so much. I am hurt"

"Idiot"

"Don't talk to me. I am angry"

"Stop being a kid"

"I am a kid. And the kid is angry"

Debbie rolled her eyes. "Drama queen"

"Learnt from the best"

"Fuck you"

"I know. I have the proof. That pant is still in the rubbish bin", Lou smirked.

"Youuuu... I hate you"

"And so, you literally became an Ocean earlier", Lou laughed more.

"You... I really should murder you", Debbie said, hitting Lou with the pillows. Both were laughing. Lou caught Debbie's hand and pinned her down, still laughing.

"Murdering me doesn't let go the fact that you were all horny for me"

"I was not horny"

"Oh yeah, and that pant got wet because you peed in it"

"Fuck you"

"Baby, I know. All you need to do is fuck now"

Debbie hit her again with the pillow. "You think too high of yourself. I am not easy"