➵ Dominic Harrison (YUNGBLUD) - Warped Tour

•Reader: I'm using female OC for this story but I'll leave the general appearance as ambiguous as possible
•Warnings: Swear words, mentions of cannabis
•Word Count: 3992

Melody's POV

I sat in my band's large trailer. I was glad that there was six of us altogether because we got the most stuff. And sure, that sounded greedy, but everyone on tour would agree. Alex, our drummer, had plenty of space to keep all of his drums, spare drums, drumsticks, spare drumsticks - you get the idea.
Erin's bass guitar had its own special cabinet that allowed for it to be kept perfectly safe while we were on the road. She was the only one with the keys to this cabinet due to the fact that she always had a sneaking suspicion that her beloved bass was played when she wasn't around. She wasn't wrong either. But I'm no snitch.
Jay's guitar had a similar cabinet, but without a lock. He always like having it ready to bust out and show off to people - it was a present that I had gotten him a few years ago and I'm proud to say that it's one of his favourite things ever.
All of Michael's tech stuff had its own room. None of us minded though, it was the live sounds he managed to produce through all of his equipment that really brought our music to life, especially in concerts.
And Sam's guitar was left on a pedestal on the coffee table in front of me. I had just finished re stringing it and was massaging my sore fingers before tuning it. They were out getting food for me and some of the other trailers parked in the lot that the tour was currently occupying. For the first time on this tour, we would be hosting all of the bands and therefore needed an army of people to collect the food.

Obviously, we weren't hosting the entire lineup. That would be ridiculous.
As far as I was concerned, the only bands showing up would be Waterparks, Palaye Royale, I Don't Know How But They Found Me, Doll Skin, Fall out boy, Twenty one pilots, plus Oli and Jordan from Bring Me The Horizon were coming as well as an artist that I had personally invited called Grandson and somebody I'd never really heard of before named Dominic Harrison who was being brought along by Jay. I'd heard that he was British though, like BMTH and my band, Asylum.

After counting out how many people were going to be in our trailer at the same time (28) I decided that I would start a small fire outside and place blankets and lanterns around it so that we could all see each other at the same time.

___

I was sitting on the ground, a bottle of beer held lazily in my hand as I patiently waited for some guests to keep me company. Everything had been laced out around a small fire in the centre of the blanket circle. I smiled at my handy-work and how cute I'd managed to make it look.

"Melody!" I heard a Canadian accent yell. I knew that this was the artist I'd grown close to after the last few months. I'd heard Grandson's music in an episode of a show I'd been binge watching. The show was Riverdale and the song was called blood//water. I'd quickly grown obsessed with the song and everything else the guy had created. I reached out to Jordan within only a matter of days and we'd quickly bonded.
I looked up to see a mop of dark curly hair and a wide smile jogging towards me.

"Jordan!" I smiled, "It's great to finally see you in person man."

"I'm glad you're as excited as I am," he grinned back at me.

Jordan sat down next to me and I quickly retracted from the extreme amounts of cannabis I could smell.

"Holy fuck! I knew you smoked but you fucking smell like you live on a weed farm!" I coughed. I looked at him as he laughed at me. I raised my eyebrow but relaxed back next to him.
We got talking for the next few minutes and I was glad to know that he was just as cool to talk to in person as he was over text or through social media. I also found it nice that even though he was 25 and I was 21, I still felt older than him. However wise he and his music was, talking to Jordan was like talking to an overexcited teenager. I wasn't going to lie, I loved it. I could tell immediately that we would be very good friends for the rest of the tour. Suddenly a hoarse voice called out from the distance.