➵ Skandar Keynes - Favourite Film

Y/FN - Your friend's name
Y/N - Your name
Y/FF - Your favourite film

A request from @queennatxx
I wasn't really sure what to write for this one so I hope it suffices x

Reader: unspecified gender and appearance
Warnings: none
Word Count: 691

Y/N's POV

My friend and I walked into the movie theatre. A rerun of one of my favourite movies was playing with unseen bonus footage and I couldn't wait to finally watch it. I had practically dragged Y/FN along to it with me, I knew that she'd enjoy it eventually so her current refusals were pointless.
We arrived fairly early at the cinema, meaning that we didn't have to scramble over twenty people to reach our seats. Y/FN demanded that she should have the corner seat because she didn't like to sit next to strangers. Neither did I to be fair, but it gave me a nicer view of the large screen.

It was only once the ads and trailers had started playing that other people slowly started to trickle into the cinema. A group of boys came and sat down on our row next to us, talking loudly and laughing.

I tried to ignore the group, instead turning to my friend and starting a random conversation. Thankfully, I quickly grew oblivious to the talkative strangers next to me, and had almost completely blocked out their company.
That was until a stranger's arm crashed into mine.

"Ow! What the hell!" I whisper shouted automatically. I turned to face whoever was sitting next to me.
I was met by the sight of a very embarrassed, very good looking, young man.

"I'm very sorry! Are you alright?" He mumbled, trying not to disturb anymore people.
I sighed ashamedly.

"I'm fine, I shouldn't have sounded so bitchy. You just took me by surprise." I admitted, adding a tired smile at the end so that he hopefully wouldn't be upset by my sudden outburst.
He let out a breath and smiled lopsidedly back at me. I glanced quickly at my friend to see that she was texting on her phone, then at the screen to see that we were still sitting through the ads. I quickly decided to carry on the conversation with this polite stranger.

"I'm Y/N by the way."

"Nice to meet you, Y/N. I'm Skandar." He said softly, his dark eyes crinkling as he smiled.
My heart fluttered.

"So what's a bunch of guys doing at a limited edition screening of Y/FF?" I asked slyly, turning my attention to his friends who were certainly not looking forward to the long three hours ahead of them.
Skandar turned his head to and chuckled lightly, "It's my favourite film actually, I dragged them along with me because I said I'd pay for popcorn."

"I had to drag my friend along with me as well, this is kinda my favourite film too."

From there the conversation grew until the trailers finished and the film began. Our conversation cane to a halt and we melted into a comfortable silence, only for it to be disrupted by my friend who nudged me and started wiggling her eyebrows. I whacked her on the arm and returned my full attention to the film.

___

Once the film had ended I sat in my seat waiting for the post credit scenes that I knew were there.
Throughout the whole movie, my thoughts had kept bouncing back to the handsome person next to me. I couldn't explain why he had such an effect, but I didn't mind.

As I walked out of the theatre, I felt a gentle tap on my arm. I turned around to see Skandar standing there, nervously fiddling with the ends of his jacket.

"Do you um... do you think I could get your number?" He asked timidly.
I smiled as my Y/EC eyes met his chocolate brown ones and held my hand out for his phone. His eyes lit up as I typed in my number and then sent myself a text so that I also had his.

The smiles on our faces were broad, not mention the rather obvious blush that had spread over my entire face.

"I'll call you later then."