➵ Connor RK800 - Hurt

Reader: Female, human
Warnings: Swear words and injuries
Word Count: 4021

Y/N - Your name
Y/LN - Your last name
Y/EC - Your eye colour

Y/N's POV

I sat at my desk, mindlessly scrolling through deviant case files. I didn't see the point in half of them. Most deviants hadn't even committed crimes, they just wanted to be free.

I read through about two more until I started to get restless. Today had been a long day and I decided that now was the perfect time for my third cup of coffee. I walked tiredly over to the machine and switched it on, placing my mug underneath and waiting for it to do its job.
Swinging my legs as I sat on the counter, I listened to the various conversations that were loud enough to reach the break room. Nothing very interesting had happened today and I was quite ready to head home. I yawned tiredly and stretched my legs out, suddenly craving my bed.

Hank soon joined me at the coffee machine, handing me my mug as he put his under. I closed my eyes and took a short sip before turning my attention towards the lieutenant.

"How're those deviant cases going, Hank?" I asked boredly.

He scoffed and shook his head, facing me with an irritated expression, "Fucking fantastic."
I let a breath out of my nose in appreciation of his sarcasm as I took another sip of coffee.

"Yeah, I've got the same luck."

The lieutenant sighed and pulled a chair out to sit on.

"Man do I wish this was scotch." He mumbled into his cup. I cracked a smile at his wishes but said nothing else, allowing a comfortable silence to sink into the room. That was until a certain android walked in hurriedly.

"Lieutenant Anderson, Detective Y/LN. A deviant has been reported downtown and we have to leave now if we wish to catch them." He stated, ignoring our resistant attitudes. I slid off of the counter, downing the rest of my coffee in one go and trudging towards the exit, not happy that I would have to put effort in so close to the end of my shift.

"Detective, your facial expression and body language suggests that you are frustrated and irritated, are you alright?" The Android sounded so sincere, I almost felt bad for being grumpy.

"I'm fine Connor, I'm just tired and want to go home." I smiled at him tiredly, not wanting him to worry. "And Connor, call me Y/N. You're basically the only other person I'm friends with except from Hank." He nodded and turned to the old man who was still prying himself from his comfortable sitting position. 

___

Hank drove to the scene whilst mumbling grumpily. I couldn't understand what he was saying, but I could guess that it was a string of profanities and complaints. Connor sat peacefully next to him, completely ignoring Hank's behaviour and instead taking in his surroundings. I could tell what he was doing from the yellow flashes that his LED made every now and then.
In a matter of minutes I had dozed off in the back seat, grateful for the opportunity to get some rest.

___

I woke up to Connor gently shaking me, I wasn't sure how long I'd been asleep for, but I could tell that it wasn't long enough. I swatted the android's hand away and curled up so that I faced away from him, keeping my eyes firmly shut.

"Now Detective, this is very unprofessional. I think it would be best if you got out of the car without anymore resistance." I shook my head. I knew that Connor and Hank could handle this without my help. I didn't care if I was acting childish, sleep had taken me and I'd be damned if someo-

"Connor! Put me down." I cried out in surprise. I had hoped that he would let me be, but now he was carrying me bridal-style towards the building where the deviant was last spotted.