➵ Legolas/Thranduil - Not Actually Imprisoned

(This was requested a while ago so I can't really remember who it was from. I'm sorry it took so long to get out - I started writing it but then had major writer's block. xx

The timing is a little weird in this due to the fact that it's undetermined how long they were in Mirkwood for. The film makes it look as though the company were in the forest for a few days, then imprisoned in the palace for a few days. However, the books make it seem as though they were wandering through Mirkwood for a month, and then imprisoned for another month before escaping. I sort of just went with my own timeline for this, but I thought I'd clear it up to avoid confusion.

Also, originally there was just going to be one ending for this story where the reader ends up with Legolas, but after I started writing for Thranduil I wanted an ending for him too. I will label both endings so you can either skip one of them or read both if, like me, you're a whore for both of these characters ;)

I've cut out some parts of the original plot so I don't write another 12,000 word story. I'm sorry this took so long to write, I had a lot of ideas for it but I just couldn't actually write them down. I've combined different aspects of the film as well as the book plus my own additions, it shouldn't be too far from what happened (or would have happened if the reader was part of the original story) - I hope this is okay for your request)

RANT OVER - sorry x

Reader: Female Elf (I've named her Viessa Aemaris for my own ease) - but has the reader's appearance
Warnings: Battle, injury, general violence (It's the hobbit, you should know what to expect)
Word Count: 7660

___

A group of fifteen traveled through the forest of Mirkwood. Each and every one of them was surprised that Gandalf had not followed their path into such a mysterious place. Beorn and Gandalf himself had warned the party of the magical elements of the forest. They were prepared to travel with Gandalf. They were not prepared to travel without him.
After the wizard had mentioned his 'urgent business', Thorin had demanded that they should all press on. It was clear to the company that he wasn't coming back, and they're were better off leaving now whilst they were all fed and rested.

Originally, there was an elf-made path to follow, meaning that their journey would be easy. But now the path was nowhere to be seen. The way through the forest was easy to guess, they simply had to follow on a bearing that took them towards the lonely mountain. But it was hard to tell what way was East through the dense layers of trees.

Viessa Aemaris had been here before. Only once. But she had seen these trees and walked along the turning, twisting paths. She had fought here before. It wasn't a battle that she liked to remember. So much death had come from it. Too much. If she thought hard enough she could still hear the agonised screams of her comrades.

She shook off the thought, instead bounding over to Fili and Kili to take her mind off things.
She wouldn't tell the other dwarves, but the brothers were her favourites, other than Bilbo. They were lighthearted, funny and generally pleasant to be around, but they were also magnificent fighters. Viessa could certainly relate.
Most people would assume that an Elf would be dark and twisted after fighting the wars that she had. And she had fought so many. The battle scars that lined her body, the dark glimmer that flickered behind her eyes if you looked close enough. It should've darkened her mood. She should be silent, careful, paranoid. But Viessa was anything but.

Her playful attitude had knocked Thorin off guard when they'd first met. He was apprehensive to travel with her as soon as Gandalf said she was coming. The Oakenshield couldn't stand to be allied with such creatures as the elves. But Gandalf trusted her with his life, and she had proven her loyalty too many times to doubt, and slowly but surely she was growing on him.
Slowly.