➵ Josh Dun - Soulmate Tattoo AU

(Y/N) - Your name
(Y/LN) - Your last name
(Y/FD) - Your favourite drink
(Y/FS) - Your favourite song

•Reader: Gender not specified?
•Warnings: A couple of swear words (also quite a long imagine,, sorry - I can't write short things!!)
•Word Count: 6847

A/N
The reader writes a song in this for their music course, but because I'm not the best at writing music I'm just going to use someone else's song. The song I'm using is called 'Whispers' by Passenger (the guys who wrote 'Let Her Go' and it's one of my favourite songs of his that I think would fit well with the story. I've put it above next to Josh's photo of you what to hear how it actually sounds apart from the few lyrics that I've mentioned.
Anyway, the story's fanfiction after all, nothing here is real (except Josh) - but I just thought I'd mention that. x

Y/N's POV

I woke up early on Monday and I was not happy. "Early on a Monday" just wasn't a phrase I was fond of.
I begrudgingly got out of my warm bed and made my way towards the bathroom so that I could have a shower. It didn't take me long to get ready and I didn't bother with makeup either. I just had the feeling that today was not going to be my day.

I got dressed in what I could find on my floor; an old AC/DC shirt, black ripped jeans and an old studded belt of mine that I hadn't seen since high school. I chucked my hair up in a messy bun and threw myself back on my bed. I reached for my phone to call my best friend so that he could give me a ride to our University.

"Hey Jon," I greeted him through the phone, "I'm ready for you to take me."
"Christ Y/N, there's no need to get so excited."
"I'm sorry, but this last semester is going to kill me, I can feel it."
"Well, cheer your ass up before you get in my car because I want to keep up our tradition of shouting along to songs on The way, not watch you mope."
I smiled to myself; I wanted that too, in all honesty.
"I'll try my best Jon, I'll see you soon?"
"On my way, Grumpy."

The call ended and I sat up, making my way downstairs to grab a glass of water and a breakfast bar, not bothering to eat much because I knew that Jon and I would go to Starbucks before our first class.
One thing I loved about the music course that Jon and I did was that the teacher never really minded when we showed up as long as we did the work set, so we often showed up late and worked on songs or other coursework. Of course, Jon and I got very good grades, we were both very laid back about the subject but were still passionate about it.

I was brought out of my thoughts by the sound of a car beeping outside. I smiled at Jon's pathetic horn sound and picked my keys off of the countertop that I had previously been leaning against. I walked out of my apartment and locked the door before walking down the small flight of stairs to get outside.

As soon as I had left the building, my eyes met Jon's beat up Honda Civic and ran to get into the passenger seat.

"Starbucks?" Jon asked with a smirk.

"Starbucks." I confirmed with a nod and a smirk to match his.

___

Jon pulled up to the coffee shop's drive through window and ordered me Y/FD and a birthday cake pop. He then ordered himself something too. I smiled at the subtle birthday gift.
Yesterday had been my 21st birthday and I had ignored it as usual, but Jon insisted he would get me something for the occasion, even though he knew I didn't celebrate. He turned to look at me smugly, as if to say 'Ha, you can't technically consider it birthday related, because it's just a flavour' and he was right. I poked my tongue out at him jokingly and patiently awaited the arrival of my strange morning snack.