➵ Dallon Weekes - Can I Sit Here?

I didn't proof read this so let's just pretend that any mistakes here aren't real.

Reader: Female
Warnings: none :)
Word Count: 1182

Y/N's POV

I came into the coffee shop by my apartment early on Monday morning. My job wasn't that far away but I hated being late, I also didn't want to show up to the building without caffeine already settled into my system.
As I approached the counter, I smiled at the familiar barista; Clara. I had known her since high school so she always gave me little discounts when I came in to the coffee shop. It was one of the reasons I like to come there so early. She worked two part time jobs and stopped working at the coffee shop at 9am - so my window for a discount was relatively small.

Today however, I was here at 7am. This meant that I would be able to beat the morning wave of customers and get my coffee without a 15 minute wait.
Apparently today was my lucky day since just as I sat down, the rain began to pour down heavily outside. My gaze flicked to Clara who smirked at me. I gave her a small thumbs up and a cheeky smile before I turned my stare back to the window.

Outside, the large drops of rain beat heavily down on the street. Cars and people on bikes whizzed last the small coffee shop. People ran back and forth with their bags and coats placed above their heads to protect their hair as they all tried to get from one place to another whilst keeping as dry as possible. The sight was peculiar but understandable; I certainly didn't think to bring an umbrella.

The shop filled up fairly quickly, people in business suits darted in and out quickly. Women sat at tables with their babies, groups of teenage girls conformed around small tables before school started.
I smiled to myself and sipped my coffee, closing my eyes contently. I loved having a job as a photographer; the company I worked for was really patient with me when I couldn't always reach deadlines. I got some really expensive camera gear for free as well. I loved small bonuses like that too.

I heard the all too familiar jingle of the bell that hung above the coffee door and turned my head towards it. To my surprise, there was a very tall, very attractive looking man standing there. He looked a little lost. His dark brown hair hung messily over his forehead and in his crystal blue eyes. He didn't look like he should have been part of the crowded room, his colourful clothing greatly contrasted everyone's bleak outfits.
He must've caught me staring as his eyes met mine curiously. I smiled to him out of habit and he smiled back.
God he was gorgeous.

I turned back to my coffee before I started to blush and immediately got lost in my phone. I hadn't even bothered to look at it since I'd arrived at the coffee shop. Texts had flooded in from various friends and family members. I lazily started replying to people as I sipped on my drink, only to be surprised a few minutes later by one of the softest voices I'd ever heard.

"Can I sit here?"

The tall, attractive man from earlier stood in front of me, smiling nervously and motioning to the chair opposite. I smiled back and nodded.

"Sorry, everywhere's a bit full."

I looked around the room and took in how crowded the cafe was. Adults, teenagers and children were packed into every corner and spare chair the building had to offer. I smiled to myself and turned back to the handsome stranger, offering my hand.

"It's really no problem! I'm Y/N."

All of his facial features softened in relief as he took my hand and shook it firmly but gently. He then sat down and melted into the chair, closing his eyes and humming.

"Dallon. And you have no idea how good it is to be sitting down."

I giggled at his remark and continued to watch as he snuggled down further into the armchair, rubbing his hands over his eyes. Shaking my head in disbelief, I returned to my coffee and my phone, noticing that I had a new notification.

Clara:
;)

I turned to the cafe counter, immediately meeting eyes with my friend who looked to Dallon and then winked at me.
I smiled at her and shook my head again. Of course she'd notice a little thing like that.

I looked back at the man in front of me, only to realise that he was already looking my way. As soon as he realised that I noticed, his eyes darted down to the coffee cup in his hands.

"You play bass?" I asked, averting my eyes from Dallon and towards the cased instrument by his side. He smiled calmly to himself as he looked at the guitar too.

"Yeah, have been for years now."

"That's so cool, my friend used to play bass back in high school in her jazz band. My hands were always too small for her to teach me." I reminisced, smiling at the memory.

"She sounds like a very cool friend." He said, his eyes still trained on the guitar beside him.
The case looked expensive but also worn, I wasn't surprised by it. He was probably very fond of it if he'd been playing for so long.

He went to open his moth to say something again, but I stopped him after my eyes caught sign of the time on my watch. I hadn't realised how long I'd just been sitting here staring out the window.

"Sorry, I'd love to chat but I've got to get to work." I told the man honestly, trying to sound friendly but slightly disappointed that I wouldn't be able to talk to him longer. I have him a little wave as I picked up my empty coffee cup and put it on the counter, smiling at Clara.

Before I walked out of the door, I felt a calloused hand loosely grip my wrist. I turned around to see Dallon, smiling awkwardly down at me.

"Sorry, I was just wondering if I could get your number?" He asked shyly, trying to make his voice heard over the sound of many others. I felt the heat rise to my cheeks as I blinked a few times and nodded.
Fishing around in my bag for a few seconds, I finally pulled out a pen and a scrap of paper and scribbled down my name and number. I handed it to him as I blushed profusely, looking into his beautiful blue eyes.

As soon as the paper touched his hand, his face erupted into a happy smile.

"I hope I'll be seeing you around, Y/N. Thanks."

I left the cafe quickly before I erupted into a happy dance. That was one of the best ways ever to start a day of work.

Dallon was also a pretty cute name.