➵ Peter Parker - Pancakes or Waffles?

Reader: Gender unspecified
Warnings: none :)
Word Count: 441

A/N
Look at me! I can write short things ;)

Y/N's POV

I wasn't sure if I could date Peter anymore. Now that I knew what he really thought about the world. Now that I knew his sickening choices in life.
He didn't know how to eat like a proper human.

Peter preferred Waffles over Pancakes.
Waffles. Over. Pancakes.
My boyfriend is insane.

It all started when I went over to his for breakfast:

May was cooking and she asked us that simple question.
"Waffles or Pancakes."
I thought I knew Peter, but apparently not.
"Waffles of course!" He replied. Of course?

Sickening.

I told him that he had to be a sociopath to not choose pancakes. I was deadly serious.
Our playful disagreement turned into an argument in his living room, it wasn't a serious one; I was only pretending to be mad at him.

Our feud lasted the entire day. I sat with some of my other friends at lunch and he ignored me during all of the lessons we shared. But by the end of the day, we were both too love deprived to keep the facade going any longer.
We both walked back to Peter's house in a comfortable silence, enjoying the noise of passing traffic and strangers' conversations on the buses.

It wasn't until we got home and inside that he wrapped his arms around my stomach and I forgot about what we were pretending to disagree over. His lips pressed gently against my neck, causing me to close my eyes and enjoy the blissful sensation.
I couldn't remember a time when Peter wasn't gentle with me. Even now, though we had faked being angry at each other all day, his chapped lips brushed my skin delicately. I turned around and captured his lips in my own, turning his small dose of affection into a soft but passionate make out.

I pulled away and smiled, with my eyes still closed. I knew that he was smiling too. I could feel the heat radiating off of his face and leant my forehead against his. His hands now rested on my hips as he mumbled something incoherently.

"Peter, speak up sweetheart," I told him gently.

"I said; we should go to iHop. Get you some blueberry pancakes."

I looked at him, astonished that he would suggest such a thing.

"Will you share them with me?" I asked him, unsure if he would just order waffles and rub them in my face.
But instead of a sassy or smart comment, I received a cute nod 'yes' from someone even cuter.