➵ Mark Fischbach - Long Time Overdue

I am so bad at updating omg
Also I've stopped spell checking bc I'm lazy so sorry about that

Reader: Female
Warnings: Swear words, mentions of cheating, mentions of alcohol
Word Count: 2874

Y/N's POV

I sat on the couch, wearing nothing except an oversized t-shirt and some large shorts. I was eating ice cream straight out of the tub as I flipped mindlessly through different Netflix channels.
But my mind could only focus on one thing;
That fucking prick.

The door behind me clicked open and in walked my room mate.

"Oh, hi Mark." I said blankly. I didn't sound upset but I was surprised by how calm my voice came out. I guess it's because I'd seen it coming for so long.

He laughed before calling from the kitchen, "I didn't hit her!"

I smiled at how stupid he was sometimes and continued eating my ice cream.
Eventually he finished unpacking the groceries I'd told him to get earlier and immediately joined me on the couch.

"Where's Thomas? I thought he would be round here tonight?" he asked as he picked up the tv remote that I had thrown to the side previously.

I didn't answer for a minute, instead poking around my ice cream tub with the spoon, "Yeah... we broke up."

Mark turned to me with a stunned expression on his face, worry immediately washed over all of his features.

"Why? What happened? Shit, Y/N, are you okay?" He rambled as he turned my face towards his.

I only smiled and laughed dryly. Truth was, I didn't know how I was feeling. I had felt Thomas drifting away from me for about a month now, I wasn't really surprised that I had to end our relationship.

"I walked in his house to grab a jacket, walked into his bedroom... long story short he was not a faithful boyfriend."

I was quickly pulled into Mark's embrace, a gesture that I appreciated greatly. Wrapping my arms around his torso, I sighed. This wasn't how I planned spending my weekend.

"What a prick. You know, I'm against violence but if you want me to break his toes just say the word." He mumbled.

I giggled into his chest, shaking my head, "It's fine, I'm feeling a lot better than I thought I would. I just feel stupid for investing a year of my life into that relationship."

"If you think about it, he lost the whole 'investment deal'. Because while you invested a year of your life in his, he's lost the possibility of the rest of his life with you. At least now you can pick someone who deserves that spot." Mark said soothingly whilst drawing patterns into my back. I hummed in response, pulling away from the hug and picking my ice cream back up.

I was happy that I lived with Mark. Whenever I was in a bad place I didn't even have to ask him to come over, he was already there, completely willing to comfort me. He was good at giving advice, good at distracting me with fun activities and very good at giving hugs.

I watched as he flipped quickly through Netflix and pulled up Y/FM. I smiled at him and he turned around to me, giving me finger guns.

"You know me too well, Markus, King of Netflix."

"I try, Y/NN, Queen of the Couch."

I smirked, grabbing a pillow and stretching myself across both sofa cushions and Mark's lap.

"Damn right I am."

___

(A week later)