➵ Ryan Ross - Wrong Number

(Y/N) - Your name
(Y/FS) - Your favourite subject
(Y/HC) - Your hair colour
(Y/SC) - Your skin colour
(Y/H) - Your height
(Y/FN) - Your friend's name

• Reader: One female pronoun used (I believe) but other than that the identity is quite ambiguous?
• Warnings: Mentions of death but nothing serious
• Word Count: 8017

Y/N's POV

I sat at the desk in my bedroom as I finished my latest college essay. It was on Y/FS and I was happy so say that it was going a lot better than some of my previous work. I was finally getting the hang of it. But before I could finish writing up the last few sentences, I was disturbed by my phone buzzing next to me. Since I was working on an assignment I didn't want to look at my phone, but as there wasn't much left to do I decided I might as well check. I picked it up off of the desk and looked at it, and to my surprise it wasn't any of my friends texting me.

Unknown Number
Hey look I'm sorry I forgot to mention it earlier Zack, but we need like, another two pounds of glitter.

Y/N
Excuse me?

Unknown Number
There's no need to flip out about it, just head to the place you went to earlier. Brendon's being persistent.

I took a moment to laugh to myself. I had no idea who was messaging me but I was so glad that they were. I had never heard of someone in such dire need of that much glitter before.

Y/N
Sorry to burst your bubble dude, but my name's Y/n - not Zack. However I wish you and   "Brendon" the best in your hunt for glitter  ;)

Unknown Number
Shit. Sorry - I thought I had the right number, I must've gotten a digit wrong or something

Y/N
Don't apologise - that really lightened up my mood, you're saving me from a college essay with 2 pounds of glitter :)

Unknown Number
That's a normal thing by the way!
The glitter, that is.

Y/N
Of course :)

Unknown Number
We're making a music video for our band, nothing weird ha

Y/N
Hey it's alright man (I'm just going to assume you're a guy) you don't have to explain yourself to me
What's the band name?

Unknown Number
Oh okay :) didn't want you to think I was a weirdo or something hah
I'm Ryan by the way, and I'm in a band called Panic! At the Disco

Y/N
That's a really cool sounding band name! Maybe I'll check you guys out sometime, see if you're any good ;)

Ryan
Not to pat ourselves on the back or anything but we're pretty darn great

Y/N
Better keep that reputation up and get yourself some more glitter then

Ryan
Oh shit, yeah

I put my phone down and finished my paper, smiling to myself about my strange new friend Ryan. It was a little peculiar that I'd met someone so friendly through a wrong number situation. I also thought it was cool that he was in a band, maybe I'd go to the music store to see if there was any of their music there, I had nothing else to do.