- 12 -

CHAPTER 12

1 year.

It had been 1 year since the incident. The incident that was the root to all of it. All the hate.

1 year ago today, Adrien had walked away. From your friendship. You and him. He walked away. Like it was nothing, like you, were nothing.

7 months ago, you started dating Luka Couffaine.

He swooped in out of nowhere. You were now best friends with Marinette and Alya. Alya was still dating Nino. Marinette and Nathaniel broke up after he cheated on her with Sabrina.

You didn't see Adrien as often as before, and you and Chat Noir still talked. Luka didn't know. You didn't want to start anything.

He came to visit everyday at 7. He had been for a year. You were incrediblely greatful. He was truly your best friend.

"Y/n!" You heard Luka's voice behind you in class. You turned and smiled at him. "What?" You asked.

"You look gorgeous." He smiled. You giggled and rolled your eyes.

"What're you doing after school?" He asked you. You shrugged.

"Sleeping." You mumbled. He chuckled.

"As usual." He replied. "Why judge me?" You pouted.

Luka threw his hands up. "I'm not! I'd never!" He protested. You scoffed.

"Yeah, sure." You sarcastically replied. Luka gasped. "I'm gonna hit you with my guitar." He said. You let out a small laugh.

"I'm gonna hit you with my love and affection." You replied. He put up a thumbs-down.

You shook your head and turned around.

As you dazed off again, you realized you were happy. I mean, you were happy before, but maybe Luka was the one.

When class ended, you and Luka walked out of the classroom, your hands enfolded. Marinette stood beside you, her arms linked with yours and Alya's, who stood beside Marinette.

"So what's the plan for tomorrow?" Marinette asked. You shrugged. "Tomorrow's saturday, so maybe a sleepover?" You said. Alya nodded and Marinette smiled. "That sounds fun!" She cheered.

"Alright, who's place?" You asked.

"It can be mine, my parents are out for the rest of the week and I have food." She said enthusiastically.

"Well, she has food." You said. Alya and Marinette laughed as Luka came forward.

"Can I take Y/n away for a second?" He asked, approaching the front of the school.

Marinette and Alya nodded before unlinking and waved you goodbye as they walked away.

"Y/n." Luka called you, as he grabbed both of your hands.

"Yeah?" You spoke. Luka smiled at you and leaned in, his lips touching yours. His lips were warm, as yours were cold. He pulled away and you blushed.

"Have a great rest of your day." He brushed away the hair on your cheek.

"You too." You replied, kissing his cheek.

He waved at you as he walked away. You smiled and turned slightly.

Your eyes locked with him.

"Y/n." He called. You felt your heart pound.

'fuck this.'

You started to walk away and you heard his footsteps as he ran after you.

"Y/n!" He shouted. You ran. Memories from last year came flashing back in as you let a tear fall from your eye.

"Leave me alone!" You shouted. You ran into your house and locked the door. You fell onto the floor in front of the door and let your tears fall.

"Y/n, please." You heard his voice muffle through the locked front door. You banged your head on the door lightly.

"Go away Adrien. I don't need this." You cried. He was quiet.

"Just do what you're so good at and walk away." You snapped at him.

"God damn Y/n! I was trying to save you!" Adrien banged on the door, making you jump.

"How the fuck, in any dimension, is you walking away, trying to 'save me', Adrien?" You shouted back.

"What did you want me to do?" He asked. You sniffed.

"You said you'd do anything to save me. Then save me from the nightmare known as 'you' and leave!" You yelled at him. Adrien went quiet again.

"Why?" He asked you. "What do you mean, 'Why'?" You asked.

"Why Luka?" He asked.

"He actually makes me happy." You said.

"He's cheating on you."