09 | Rumors & Truths

"Old ways
won't
open new
doors."

One More Mistake
Chapter nine

❱ I walked in royal high with my head held up. Everyone's eyes suddenly looked up at me and their eyes shone with interest. It's been a while since they found me interesting, and I was curious to know what rumors they had of me. As I made my way towards my locker I've locked eyes with Raine, who had only stared at me with blank eyes. She had her arms across her chest while she was leaning on a locker. I soon looked away and found my locker. I opened it and put all of my stuff inside.

I felt a presences behind me and I didn't have turn to know who it was. I knew Sterling was behind me, I could practically feel the heat coming off him. I started to put my last book in and slammed my locker shut before snapping my head towards him.

He held a blank stare but I know he was upset with something and I'm assuming that something has to be about the rumor going on. I didn't say anything and left around him. I expected him to follow me because I knew he wanted to talk to me but alone. I walked in into an empty classroom and turned around to face Sterling with my arms across my chest. He closed the door but didn't turn to face. He was facing the door and I've seen his fist clench.

"Tell me it isn't true" he only said but I didn't understand what he was saying. I didn't know what he was talking about and now I really want to know what the rumor is. Sterling was upset and I've never seen him this upset. The only time was when he heard me and Owen had a thing going on. He turned to look at me and he had this look in which I didn't understand.

"Don't act like you have no fucking idea about what I'm talking about. Are you guys seriously seeing each other again? After everything that happened, are you seriously going to go through that path again? God, Thea how selfish can you get" He spit out and I couldn't help but laugh on how pathetic he sounded. I laughed and laughed, I couldn't stop it. Sterling only looked at me like I've gone mad and I couldn't blame him because I might have gone mad. I truly didn't know.

"I'm serious Thea, are you and Owen going through that again?" He asked this time but he sounded less angry. I turned around because I couldn't face him after what he said. I stopped laughing and then smiled bitterly. I shrugged my shoulders and looked over at him.

"So what if we are seeing each other again?" I said like it wasn't a big deal but it was. I wasn't sure why I had lied. I wanted to provoke him I guess. I was just so pissed off, I wanted to hurt him like he hurt me.

"So what..? Are you serious right now? It broke Alexandra, she was close to suicide and you are seriously asking me that? What wrong with you?" He spit out and he sounded so disgusted and disappointed. I gripped my bag before giving him one of my best smile.

"Sterling... I need to get to class so please do me a favor and get away" I say once I was near him. He didn't have that look in his face anymore but just a blank one. It was better than the other one but it still wasn't what I wanted to see.

After a while he backed away and shrugged his shoulders, "No problem" and just pushed opened the door and left. The door slammed onto the wall and the people outside the classroom soon looked over at what has happened. I looked away from all the prying eyes and walked towards my classroom which was across from me. As my classes went by, there was less stares.

School had gladly ended and now I was at the hospital. Familiar nurses and doctors walked by me while I made my way towards Caine's room. As I turned the corner I've bumped into someone. I looked up at the person and I was surprised to know who it was. Rory's dark blue eyes looked at me, giving me a look in which I didn't really understand.