33 | Cities & Beautiful Smiles

"What a plot twist you were"
- faraway

One More Mistake
Chapter thirty-three

❱ "Ms Nightingale?" I heard a low whisper call out my name but I didn't bother to turn.

"Ms Nightmare?" This time the voice became louder.

"Thea!" I opened my eyes wide before getting up the bed. Since it was dark, I couldn't see who it was but by his figure I knew it was Kace.

"What are you doing?" I whispered back, before looking at the clock. It was midnight and I didn't understand why was he was in my room and sitting on my bed.

"Let's go" he said as he stood up but I didn't move at all.

"What? Where?" I was confused and wasn't sure why he wanted to leave with me.

"Let's just go" he didn't let me say anything else because he pulled me out of the bed before pulling me with him to the door.

"Wait" I say. He stopped and I couldn't see what his expression was because it was dark but I'm pretty sure he was confused.

"I'm going to get my sweater" I say before quickly getting my sweater and finally leaving my room with him. The whole house was dark and quiet, so we tried to be as quiet as we could be. We didn't want Bruce to wake up and see us. He would kill me if he ever seen me leave the house at this time of the day, though it's not like I haven't done this before.

When Bruce quietly opened the door, he walked out and I followed him.

Once we finally got out the house, I laughed.

I wasn't sure why, maybe it was the adrenaline rushing through me but I didn't mind it at all.

"Why does it I feel like I'm doing something so bad?" I asked while I followed him.

When he turned to face me, I stopped walking and my laugh faded.

"Because you are" he smiled but I didn't smile back.

"He did this to you, didn't he?" I say, not really asking. His smile was still up but his eyes showed me otherwise.

I started walking towards him but he suddenly backed away. Though I didn't stop walking until he was in front of me, standing inches away, finally getting getting a closer look. He looked away from me but he didn't move. I stared at his eyes before looking at the ugly bruises that was surrounding his eyes. He looked terrible and it pained me to see him like this.

"I'm going to go back inside and—" I got cut off because he grabbed my hand and shook his head.

"Th- Ms Nightingale, I'm fine and I don't need you to defend me. That's my job, remember?" He says, his eyes looking down at me as he gently rubs my hand. I clench my jaw but I don't say anything or run back into the house.

"Let's just get out of here" he says and pulls me along with him.

I don't fight back and follow him.

When we get to the car, I was surprised to find a red car instead of the other boring one.

"This car is mine, you like it?" I look at him and smile lightly.

"It's okay" I say dryly.

"Good" he says, smiling widely as if my comment was the answer he wanted to hear.

He opens the car and we both get in the car. Soon we leave and it's just me, and him.

"By the way, I like this look" I tease him as I look at his outfit. He was wearing plain black jeans with a navy crew neck and some sneakers.

His eyes were looking ahead but slightly turns to face me.

"Yeah, I decided to change it up a bit. You know all those suits, they get boring" he smiles and looks back ahead.

"So, where are we going?" I ask, facing him.

"I don't know, where do you wanna go?" I look at him before thinking of place to go but nothing came up.

"I know I place" he suddenly said.

"Where?" I ask but he smirks.

"It's a surprise" I roll my eyes but don't say anything else.

It took about thirty minutes when I finally saw the beautiful lights of the city. It was so bright and since it was midnight, I expected no one to be around but as we passed by the tall buildings, I've notice there was still some people walking around.

Kace soon parked on the curve of the street, smiling when he looked outside the window.

We both got off and I took the time to take everything in.

"This is the huge surprise?" I asked but he doesn't answer me and walks away. I quickly follow him and noticed he was going to enter one of the tall buildings. I don't say anything and follow him.

He walks in like he owned the place and looks over his shoulder to check if I was following him.

"Okay, what's your big plan?" I ask and walk next to him.

"I don't have one" he says back and keeps on walking but instead of going to the elevator, he walks towards the white door that was next to the elevator. He opens it and I stop once I've seen the countless staircases.

"No way we are going to go through there" I shake my head while he smiles and nods his head.

"Oh yes we are, this is the only way" he starts to walk up the stairs, leaving me all alone.

I hesitate before following him up the stairs.

"I hate you" I whisper but I think he caught it because he laughed out loud.

Kace opened the door and I felt the cold breeze hit me from outside. When I stepped out I took in the beautiful view. We were probably in the most tallest building in the city, you could see everything and it looked amazing.

"Told you it was worth it" Kace commented but I ignored him and walked closer to the scenery.

"I've been to a lot of places but this one is my favorite" I didn't realize I had a smile on my face nor did I notice the way Kace was looking at me with a smile on his face too.

"You know, you look so beautiful when you smile like that." I look away from the lights and towards him.

It wasn't until now that I've seen him, like really really see him. He had a beautiful smile on, soft brown hair and soft brown eyes that stared at me with something in them. I couldn't exactly say what it was but I could say it made me feel something.

It had almost felt like he could see through me and it made my heart beat a bit faster.