30 | Red lips & Bloodshot eyes

"You burned me
but you made me feel"
—bridgett devoue

One More Mistake
Chapter thirty

❱ I wasn't sure what to do with this, I know I wasn't going to tell anyone but if he'll ever threatened me I'll have something on him. It may not be a lot but at least I had something.

When Alec rubbed his forehead and roamed his eyes around the room, I quickly acted like I had came out the bathroom. Alec locked eyes with me when I turned, his look was suspicious but besides that he looked like his normal self.

"I gotta go" he hanged up before putting his phone behind his pocket.

Maybe I could look through his phone to see what's he hiding.

"You don't look like yourself" he finally spoke after a while, I looked down at my outfit and true enough. I would never wear this type of outfit, but it was better than that dress.

"Who were you talking to?" I asked casually, like I wasn't interested.

"It's none of your business" he said as he looked away and walked out of the house. He was quick but not quick enough, he tensed up and I've seen his eye twitch. This L is definitely an important person, I had to know who it was.

I walked out of the house and Alec was already in the car. I made my way up to his car before getting in.

"I didn't mean to pry" I say randomly. He looked pissed off but I don't think it was because of me. Maybe it was the person who he was talking too.

"Then don't" I didn't say anything back.

He turned on the car and soon we left his house.

Once we were outside Royal High, I looked over at Alec. He looked less angry but he still looked mad and I didn't want to make him any more angry so I got off the car without saying anything.

When I took a step back, that's when he looked at me but soon enough he left. His car fading in the foggy morning.

I soon made my way inside the school, realizing I was staring at nothing. I walked in school and made my way towards my locker which held all my books and notebooks. I opened it open but as soon as I was about to close it Raine leaned on the lockers next to me.

She had dark glasses covering her eyes and her arms were across her chest while staring off at the people passing by. Though her lips held a smirk.

"I did something bad" she says but I ignored her and shut my locker.

"Like really bad" she continued but I didn't want to hear it. When I was about to leave, her hands gripped my shoulder, her nails digging in my skin. I turned to look at her but was surprised when I caught sight of her face.

She had removed her glasses and finally I've seen what she was hiding. Her eyes were swollen and bruised up. When I looked down her neck, I seen bruise marks on her neck as well as her arms.

"I didn't want to do it, really, but he just had to get in the way" I wasn't sure what she was trying to say but I brushed it off. I was shocked to see her all beaten up, I wasn't sure what to think.

"And you know what's the weird part? I feel so good about it" when she said that, I've seen people focusing their attention towards the entrance. I couldn't help but look as well.

Two police officers made their way inside the school, eyes cold and determined.

Everyone soon started to whisper, rumors spreading but I wasn't paying attention to them.

I was frozen once I realized something, Raine did something bad. This must be it, she caused this.

I was expecting the police officers to keep on walking but instead they had stopped in front someone and when I locked eyes with that someone, I suddenly understood.

"Rory Clark, you're under arrest for domestic violence and sexual harassment. You have the right to remain silence. Anything you say may be used against you in a court of law." As the two police officers handcuffed him, he stood still. He didn't show anything at all, it was almost like he couldn't care less.

But I know there had to be some part of him confused and afraid.

As they pulled Rory away, every one made way for them to pass by. Though, Rory looked liked a ghost, he wasn't actually here and it scared me how calm he looked. His steps were firm and I took a step back when they walked by me.

"I told you" Raine whispered in my ear but I kept my eyes locked on Rory.

"I did something bad" that's when I looked away from Rory towards Raine. Her bloodshot eyes locked with mine and I didn't know what she was talking about until now.

"What do you mean?" She licked her red lips as she leaned off the locker.

"You know what I mean, you're smart enough" she smiled at me before walking away and I didn't stop her because I knew what she meant. I just didn't want to believe it yet.

Rory wasn't capable of that, he was cold and aloof but he couldn't be what they accused him of. What Raine accused him of.

But then how would I ever know, I hardly even know him. I didn't know anything about him, so how would I be sure?

I didn't realize Sterling was standing in front of me while calling out my name until he grabbed my shoulder.

"He didn't do anything wrong. I have to go get him out" I was still shocked that I didn't notice Sterling walking off. I soon ran after him and stopped him.

"What do you mean, get him out?"

"Whatever they're accusing him of, it's not true so I'm getting him out. You coming?" He seemed determined and sure of what he said but he also looked afraid. After all, Rory was like a brother to Sterling and well Sterling was my brother. He needed me.

"Okay"