40 | Control

"I can't exactly describe
how I feel, but it's not
quite right. And it leaves
me cold"
- f. scott fitzgerald

One More Mistake
Chapter forty

❱ "Rory..." He was standing in front of me, in less than an inch away from me. His eyebrows were furrowed and his dark blue eyes stared at me with intensity. He was so close to me, I've felt his heat and I've noticed things I haven't noticed before. Like the way his eyes had a different type of shade of blue.

"You need to come with me" he didn't give me an option to deny because before I knew it I was already being pulled away. He lead me towards a black slim car and he didn't waste a second before opening the door and pushing me in. I didn't fight back and waited for him to enter the car. I knew what this was about, it was about earlier and honestly I wasn't surprised. He was angry and I couldn't blame him, I would've been too.

Rory soon got in the car but he didn't speak a word. I didn't dare to either. He started the car and left my house. I've noticed the way his hands were clenching the steering wheel. His eyes were narrowed and cold though I was not afraid.

I should be but I wasn't.

He was going way past the speed limit but he didn't care. I gripped the seatbelt and looked at the road. I couldn't even see the road, it was covered by the rain and fog.

"Where are you taking me?" I tried to talk to him but he was quiet. He didn't even turn to look at me.

"Did Sterling send you to come get me?" I asked but it was quiet. He knew I knew the reason why I was here in this car. Though, what I didn't know was where he was going to take me. He could take me anywhere, he had full control now.

That's what I was afraid of, I always had the control but now I don't.

"Could you just say something?" I didn't know why but I sounded panicked. I hated that my voice came out like that, now he knew that I was afraid.

When I turned to look at him, he had the same cold look. I hated that he knew what I was feeling, he knew that I hated when I wasn't in control. He was going to use that as his advantage.

When I was about to ask something else, I've noticed that he was slowing down. He suddenly stopped the car. I looked outside the window but couldn't see much.

When he started to drive a bit more further I finally got to see where we were at. I looked at him but he didn't dare to look my way.

When he parked the car closer to the entrance, he quickly got off the car. I've noticed him go around the car before standing in front of my door. He opened the door and he was about to pull me out but I avoided his touch. I got off and walked towards a shelter to cover myself from the heavy rain.

I turn to look at Rory but he did everything to avoid my glare. He took out his keys from his pocket before opening the wide door. He waited for me to get inside but I didn't move.

The only time I've been to his house was when I came here with Kace but I've never made it past his door.

"Do you need me to.." he didn't need to finish his sentence because I walked passed him and into the house.

When I stepped inside, I felt warm heat surround me.

My eyes wondered around the house and I've noticed that the house looked better than I thought. The house looked a bit masculine but it wasn't bad.

"We need to talk" I've felt cold hands touch my hand but I quickly moved my hand away from the touch.

"Couldn't you have just talked to me in the car? Why did you have the need to take me to your house to talk?" I asked. I was flustered and angry because he didn't have to take me all the way over here.

"Because I couldn't show you what I needed to show you in the car" he seem flustered and a bit angry as well.

"Show me? What's so important that made you..." I stopped mid sentence when I've noticed a figure sitting on the couch. When I finally got see who it was, I was confused but when I got to see the things he had on his face I knew why Rory wanted me to come here.

"Who's doing this to you? Why?" I ask sterling who is lying on the couch with one hand on his stomach. Bruises were covering his face and small scratches were covering his neck.

Sterling hasn't noticed me because he had his eyes shut but when he heard my voice he opened them.

"Why did you bring her instead? I told you to get Alexandra" he asked Rory but he didn't say anything. I haven't noticed that he was standing right behind me while staring at Sterling.

"Because she wouldn't make you tell me what happened to you" I turned to him and soon realized that he didn't know what happened to him. The reason he brought me here was so sterling could spill everything to us.

"Nothing happened!" Sterling snapped, his hand slamming on the couch. I quickly step back but bump into Rory.

"Something happened, because you couldn't have gotten those bruises from nowhere. Who did this?" When I asked him, a thought crossed my mind.

Sterling noticed.

"Was it Bruce?" My question made him tense and he didn't need to confirm it to know that it was in fact Bruce who did this to sterling.

Though he did so anyway.

"Yes"