6. Dimitri

Grayson snarled as we watched out mate begin to lose consciousness and quickly jumped in snapping the rogue's neck taking it by surprise as it yelped letting Bennett go. I tighten my hold on the bastard as it struggled to get free but nothing he did worked and a moment later his body went limp in my jaws and I let the asshole go letting,  it fall to the blood-covered ground. I turned around at the sound of a cough and caught Bennett just in time before he tumbled to the ground. I felt the familiar sting of tears as I held his bangled body in my arms as his breathing became irregular due to the blood loss.

"Stay with me baby please stay with me. Don't you dare close your eyes Bennett. Please don't you dare leave me. I just found you I can't lose you" I whimpered as tears rolled down my face as cupped his face with a blood-covered hand

"S-so cold" he murmured as his teeth began to chatter as a shiver recked through his body before his eyes closed and his breathing stopped

"No, no, please don't, please wake up please wake up," I pleaded as I cradled his body against mine as I cried.

"He needs the Doctor, Dimitri or else he won't make it," a voice said and I looked up to see Benjamin standing at the entrance of the trees with tears streaming down his face.

Everything after that was a blur. I don't even remember following Benjamin into the infirmary let alone letting the doctor take Bennett from me and stitching him up. The smell of his blood still lingered in the air and it made me sick. Weeks passed as I watched Bennett lay unconscious in the hospital bed with wires connected to the heart monitor the only indicator that he was still alive.

"Any change?" A voice asked from behind and I shook my head as I looked down at Bennett's sleeping face.

"Same as it has been for the past several weeks," I replied not taking my eyes away from his face as I held his hand in mine pressing my lips against his knuckles, "sometimes I feel like he's slipping away with every second that ticks by and I can't do anything about it."

"Don't say that Dimitri, from the time I've known him, I've seen how tough he is and he won't give up until he's back to us," Monica said as she placed a hand on my shoulder and gave it a tight squeeze, "don't give up on him D."

"I won't. He's the best thing to happen to me in my 18 years on this earth," I murmured.

"I know. I've never seen you this happy in a while and it's thanks to him. Get some sleep D, you don't want to look exhausted when he wakes up," she said and I nodded.

"I will. And tell the pack that their Alpha will be home soon."

"Will do." Once Monica left, I sighed and looked down at Bennett's sleeping form and closed my eyes before resting my head down on our linked hands.

>He's going to wake up soon, Dimi, I know it < Grayson said.

>How can you be so sure, Gray? He's been this way for almost four weeks and there's been no change since< I asked.

>I don't know but I just have a feeling< he replied and I gave him a mental nod before letting sleep take over.

I woke up a few hours later and looked down at Bennett and sighed when there was no change and he was still asleep. I felt tears sting my eyes as I grabbed his hand and brought it towards my lips.

"Please come back to me baby, please come back to me," I whimpered as I closed my eyes and I could feel my shoulders shake as a sob racked through my body. It's been three weeks since he's been in a coma and every day had been a nightmare. Every second that ticked by I could feel a piece of myself losing control. I've heard and read about what the loss of a mate could do to you and your wolf and I wouldn't care if I died as long as I got to be with him again.