7. Bennett

"ALPHA BENNETT!" A voice yelled and I looked over my shoulder to see one of the pack's pups running towards me with his little arms open wide and a beaming smile on his face and I chuckled crouching down and holding my arms open for him to crash into me. Sonia came running after him telling him to stay back and to not be too loud but it fell on deaf ears as he ran down the small hill towards us with the poor woman running after him.

"Hi Aiden" I murmured wrapping my arms around his small frame as he buried his face in my chest and I bit my lip when I felt his little shoulders begin to shake as his tears soaked my shirt and swallowed the lump in my throat, "Hey, shh, it's okay I'm here" I looked at Sonia, the woman in charge of the orphaned children and gave her a small smile and shook my head when she went to pull him away.
'It's okay' I mouthed and she stopped and nodded.

"I-I tho-thought yo-you di-died" the small boy cried and it broke my ears to hear his sobs as he clung to me and I looked up at Dimitri who was frowning down at us. Aiden was one of the many orphaned pups in the pack and he was the smallest of them all. He was a shy child and never let anyone near him unless it was me or Dimitri.

Aiden was an adorable 4 and half-year-old boy with striking violet eyes and white as snow hair. He was one of the rarest werewolves in the world. I've only ever seen or heard of two wolves with the same eye and hair color as Aiden but they were killed 100 years ago.

"You no wake up long time" Aiden whimpered with a sniffle with hiccups as he looked up at me with tears stained cheeks and red puffy eyes that were rimmed with tears. I smiled and reached up to wipe the tears away.

"I know but I needed to recover first before I could wake up but I'm here and I'm not going anywhere anytime soon" I hope I added as an afterthought but not out loud, "why don't you join Dimitri and me?"

Aiden looked up at Dimitri who gave the small boy a reassuring smile and nod making Aiden beam up and nodded so with that, I wrapped my arms around his small frame and stood up with him in my arms before Dimitri and I continued our way towards the backyard with Sonia in tow.

"Why don't you go get the other children and join us in the yard?" Dimitri said looking at the woman who stopped in her tracks before nodding and turning around and walking away to gather the rest of the kids, "Be careful Aiden, Bennett is still a little sore"

"I'm fine, Dimitri. Don't worry about me so much" I said looking over my shoulder giving him a reassuring smile and he sighed not looking convinced but nodded nonetheless, "I promise I'm okay, and besides I'm sure you'll see if I'm not even before I tell you"

"I know but I don't want you to overdo it with the kids because I know they'll ask you to play" he stated as we walked onto the backyard where we are greeted with loud howls and whistles that had Aiden jolting in my arms, his heart racing from being startled.

"It's alright Aiden. Go back to sleep" I whispered rubbing his back as he laid his head back on my shoulder again before his breathing became labored as soft puffs of air left his lips indicating he had fallen asleep again before turning to Dimitri, "and I won't because I'll have Aiden in my arms"

"If you say so" he replied and I smiled

"I do say so. Besides I want to spend time with you too. I know it's been hell for you while I was in a coma" I murmured and he averted his eyes and I cupped his face, "I'm here Okay? I don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon. I promise"

"I know, but it still scares the hell out of me. I don't want to ever go through that again" he whispered and I nodded leaning over and giving him a soft tender kiss

"I'm not leaving you. I didn't leave you then, I don't plan on doing it now or ever" I whispered before pulling away and lining our fingers together and giving his hand a tight and reassuring squeeze that he returned before we joined his parents at one of the picnic tables with Aiden still asleep in my arms.