15. Bennett

"Hey," I looked up from the book I was reading to see Dimitri making his way towards me with what looked like an envelope making me raise a brow and he smiled sitting beside me as he handed me the envelope.

"What is this?" I asked and he shrugged.

"Don't know. Morgan asked me to give it to you before he went to see Chris and Brett," he replied and I bit my cheek nodding, "want me to go?"

I shook my head as I ripped the envelope open before pulling out a folded paper and I instantly knew who it was from. It only took a glance to see that it was from my biological parents. I swallowed the lump in my throat as I unfolded the paper before taking a deep breath.

August 11, 2002

Dear Benny,

I'm writing this letter to you now because we don't know what the future holds for us. I want you to forgive us for being terrible parents and for being too weak to go against your grandfather. We should've fought harder to keep you but we didn't and that will always haunt us. We're sorry that if you're reading this letter then it's too late for us to form a bond that only parents and their child can form. We're sorry that you had to grow up in the dark for so long but it was out of our control baby. We tried running away with you but every time that thought crossed our minds it would go away because we would be putting you in danger as you were still a pup.

I cleared my throat as I felt my eyes begin to sting as my eyes scanned the pages of the letter. What would have my life been like had they actually ran away with me as they said?

Your grandfather punished us severely when he found out that we tried to leave the pack by taking you from us. He would've sent you away had it not been for Morgan, without thinking mind you, stated that he and Lilith would take you in as their own in the condition that you wouldn't know the truth until you were older and that we would tell you ourselves. But I suppose since you're now residing this then that means that something bad happened to us and that our plans of telling you the truth went out the window huh?

So they were going to tell me the truth but in the end, they couldn't because their lives were cut short when they protected me from getting killed that day all those years ago. I always knew my grandfather was a bastard since he was always cold towards everyone except for Benjamin since he was next in line for the Alpha title. He was extra hard on me for no other reason than being an asshole. He always looked at me as if I was the scum on earth and when he died I didn't even shed a tear, instead, I rejoiced in the fact that I wouldn't have to see him ever again. He died a year after my parents did. I suppose karma got him for all the hurt that he caused them by taking me from them when I was a pup.

But enough of that sad stuff puppy, your father and I want you to grow up and succeed at whatever you attempt to do. The time that we've spent with you was a wonderful and enjoyable time in our lives and you helped make it that way. This letter is very hard for me to write because the thought of you reading this letter brings tears to our eyes. I cry knowing that we will not be here when you are reading this. The sadness keeps overwhelming me and tears are flowing down my face. I'm so very proud of you and you have shown me just how smart you are already. I expect you to grow and be able to use your head to think things out and to be able to ask questions if you don't understand something.

I felt Dimitri's arms wrap around me before he pulled me against his chest as tears flowed down my face as I read the letter. I can't begin to imagine how har sit must have been for them to even think about writing a letter to me in case tragedy happens. I can feel the pain of their words and I could see the tears stains left behind by my mother as she writes the words.

We need you to know that despite everything that has happened, we wouldn't have changed it for anything because, in the end, we got to watch you grow and be an amazing young man. Don't hate Morgan for taking you from us, he did us a favor by offering to raise you despite Lilith's objections. We want you to know that he will always be there for you so don't be upset with him for keeping the truth from you for this long, okay? I know that it's hard to deal with all of this but know that despite it all, things will get better baby. We want you to forgive him and Lilith even if you two have a fling out when the truth comes out. Don't hold grudges, Bennett.

"She's got a point babe," Dimitri whispered in my ear as he looked over my shoulder at the letter and I swallowed the lump in my throat as tears rolled down my face, "I know that it's hard to forgive someone for hiding something this big but what good does it do?"

"I know" I replied and he raised a brow making me give him a watery smile, "I forgave Morgan a long time ago for keeping the truth from me but I can never forgive Lilith. She's a class A bitch that needs to realize that she needs to stop babying her kids and protecting them as if they were still pups. She was the reason why I lost my real parents that day all those years ago during the rouge attack. She held Benji back instead of letting him help my parents fight."

"And you have every right to hate her but as your mother says, don't hold grudges for long because one day you'll regret never talking it out with them."

I nodded in agreement but still, I didn't know when I'll ever forgive Lilith. She never cared about me. She was always cold towards me and even now after I learned the truth, she was harsh. Despite it all, I loved her because she had raised me but now, all I feel towards her is hate. Sighing, I leaned back against Dimitri's chest and took a deep breath before returning my gaze back to the letter in my hand.

Your father and I want you to face life and the problems that it gives you with a positive outlook because if you think of the bright things in life, it makes the bad things not so bad after all! You are a beautiful and smart boy and I wish you all the luck and good fortune a person could ever want or need. I am sitting here writing this letter to you while you're outside okaying chase with Zero and Marc. Benny, please just always remember that WE LOVE YOU more than anything in this whole world, and even if we're not with you, you will forever be in our hearts and minds.

If at all possible Benny, we will always be with you. You are our Life. WE LOVE YOU. Good Bye, PUP.

Your parents, Marc and Molly Savage

We love you!

I folded the letter and tucked it back into the envelope before placing it beside me and sighed. I closed my eyes as I leaned my head back on Dimitri's shoulder.

"What's got you sighing now?" Dimitri asked as he kissed my temple.

"My mother wrote this letter then I was 6 the same time that the rogue attack happened," I replied and he hummed.

"So what are you going to do now?" He asked.

"Nothing. Morgan already knows I forgave him so we don't need to talk about this any more than what we've already done," I replied before pulling back and looked at him making Dimitri raise a brow.

"What?" He asked and I smiled.

"I want you to meet them," I said and he furrowed his brows in confusion, "I want to show you their graves."

"Are you sure?" He questioned and I nodded before standing up but all of a sudden I felt light-headed and before I could even comprehend what was happening, I was falling forwards with Dimitri yelling my name before everything went black.

an so here's a new chapter guys let me know what you guys think and don't forget to leave a vote/fan

xoxo

~Cx