25. Bennett

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think that I'd be standing face to face with the people that gave me life and yet here we were. The last time that I saw them was when I was 6 years old when they were defending the pack. I sat beside Dimitri as they retold their story of how they had servived the attack and what had happened to them all these years.

"When we recovered our memories we knew that we needed to return to our home and to our son to tell him that we were still alive but when we got here we heard that he had left the Savage packhouse to be with his mate and imagine our surprise when we learned that Dimitri King was his mate," Mom said with a smile as she looked at us from across the coffee table, "we wanted to tell him we were here when he and Dimitri had gone to Tyson's birthday but that was when rogues began to invade and though we staid to fight we knew that it just wasn't the right time to show ourselves."

"You didn't tell me how I was able to see you when I had been unconscious," I said and they nodded

"We contacted a local warlock that would help us manifest ourselves in dreams and though it was wrong for us to tell you that it was the afterlife when it was just a dream, you needed to continue to live not just for yourself but your mate and you children," Dad said laying a hand on mom's shoulder, "we waited for the right time to show up but we didn't think that it would have taken today to be the day."

"How long were you planning on waiting then?" Sage asked from the sofa beside us where he was sitting with his parents and Gabriel, "why didn't you show up before we had been attacked? Or when you had first recovered your memories?"

I looked at the pair across from me since they had already told me the reason why they didn't come back when they had recovered their memories

"Because we couldn't. Not when there were still risks that we were being followed. Like we told you, when we first had woken up we were in a strange room with various beeping machines and tubes. We didn't know where we were or who we were, all we knew was that we were a couple and that something bad had happened to us," Dad said, "we lived with strangers for years thinking that they were our family even when they would do experiments on us every day"

"It had taken us 10 years to finally realize that the people we saw as a family were not who they claim to be after I heard them talking to a guy named Robert, about us finally being ready to do the job. I didn't understand until we met Robert and it was as if a switch had been turned on in my head the moment I saw him. All these memories flashed through my mind making me fall to my knees with Marc at my side though at that time our names weren't Molly or Marc, but Hanna and Devon," Mom said as she balled her fist on her lap, "Marc had the exact same reaction as I had and in a blink, we charged at the man but all he did was laugh and laugh while the people who had healed us screamed and tried to get us to stop. We didn't stop until he was laying in his blood coughing and not even then did he stop laughing"

"We didn't know how long we've been running for but the second we had crossed onto Canadian lands, we felt a pull that was like no other. It was as of our memories were trying to tell us something, yet we didn't know what they were. We kept running though, all we knew was that we needed to find a boy named Bennett. The further we would run, the more our memories assaulted us. It wasn't until we reached the border of Savage lands that we were assaulted with more of our old memories. Memories of when Marc and I had met when we were teens, to memories of us having to hand our son to Morgan and his wife.

Memories of us with our son when he was 6 years old. It was as if our hearts had been pieced back together after so many years" Dad said as they looked over at me where I was sitting with Dimitri, "it had taken us several days to reach our old pack when we heard that the King pack was under attack and we for some reason knew that Bennett would be here so we made our way here. We wanted to show ourselves then but we couldn't as it was chaotic and on top of that, Bennett had fallen into a coma, and as we said earlier, we contacted a local warlock that would help us get inside his head and get him to not give up, to keep fighting that we'd be seeing each other again. After that, we decided to wait a while to come back into his life and that was today when you were again under attack"