Epilogue. Dimitri

*15 years later*

15 years has come and gone in a blink of an eye and I couldn't help but think back to how my life has changed since Bennett and I got together. Before we got together I was known as the jock of the school since I was in the football and soccer teams and it scared me to lose my popularity if I ever found my mate.

There had been many times since I had turned 18 that I wanted to reject my mate when I would find them because in my mind mates made you weak and your popularity would fall through the cracks but the moment that I had rounded the corner all those years in school and came face to face with Bennett all of those thoughts went out the window. I didn't care if I was still popular or not. Didn't care if my reputation of being a jock would still be intact because in that moment, nothing else but him mattered to me.

I've been through so much shit over the years but none of the people who I had considered a friend in school had been there for me aside from Jeremy, Riley and Monica. And after Bennett and I got together, his friends became my friends and had my back through every attack we've had and had been there for me when I was kidnapped. Had helped rescue me from those hunters.

I shook my head and walked out and joined my family and pack in the yard that was full of loud chatter from every corner. The girls yelled as the guys grabbed and tossed them into the pool making the onlookers laugh when they would emerge glaring daggers at the guys who would later run away from them, some slipping on the wet grass.

"Hi" I greeted everyone on the deck which included Bennett's parents, Marc and Molly, my parents and Luca and his mate, and believe it or not, it's none other than Caleb SaintClaire the little bastard that used to bully him when they were younger. It was a shock when we found out when Lucas had turned 18 and Caleb had been 19 at the time but he had known about them being mates for a year prior to Luca knowing and he had the audacity to have rejected him. Though we didn't know at the time was that those two had been secretly dating for a few months before Caleb had turned 18 and before he rejected Lucas.

I still remember the look of utter shock and pain that crossed Lucas' eyes when Caleb rejected him. To say I was pissed would be an understatement of the century. I was furious, livid would be a better word for how I felt that day.

"I Caleb SaintClaire, reject your, Lucas King, as my mate" those words still rang in my head to this day despite them getting together 8 years ago. Today, Luca and Caleb were proud parents of a beautiful and healthy baby girl they named Sara who was loved by everyone, especially by her great grandparents, Marc and Molly, who absolutely adored her.

If you were to see Caleb and Luca, you'd never know that they were hurting for years, nor would you know that Caleb made Luca's life hell when they were 14 and 16 years old. And though today, Caleb and I get along well, there are days where I remind him what he did to Luca and he regrets everything he's done to him. I can tell that he loves my son as
much as Lucas loves him. After the rejection, Caleb moved away to study out of the country in England, where he lived with his friends, Jacob and Bree who he had met when he moved into their apartment building. Today Bree and Jacob live at the pack house with us as part of the pack and are parents a 3 year little boy named Dawson and are expecting their second child.

Despite Caleb hurting Luca, I always made sure he was doing okay since he was still part of the King pack regardless of where he lived.

"Papa?" A voice asked and a hand waved in front of my face making me blink and raise a brow at Luca who was looking at me with concern in his blue eyes

"Yeah?" I asked and he rolled his eyes

"You okay? Mama has been calling you for the past couple minutes but you didn't respond" he replied and I looked around and noticed that it was just Luca and I on the deck.