13. Bennett

"You don't know shit" I heard Jeremy's voice say and turned the corner to see him pinning David to the wall by the throat and frowned

"Alpha Bennett deserves someone better than that weakling we call alpha and you know it" Marcus, one of David's friends, said and I clenched my jaw but before I could say anything Dimitri was walking in from the side

"Say it to my face"

"Al-alpha Dimitri" John stuttered with wide eyes much like his friends when they saw Dimitri

"Go on. Say it" Dimitri said as he leaned against the counter

"Yes. Say it" I said making them look my way, "if Dimitri doesn't deserve me like you say he does then who deserves me? You? I'd rather be a hundred feet under than to be with someone pathetic and disgusting like you who's willing to talk behind people's backs but isn't brave enough to talk to them face to face. You don't know shit about what happened"

"Alpha Bennett" Jeremy let David go making the idiot tumble to the ground in a fit of coughs

"You call him weak but I see someone who is brave to have endured what he did all those months. You wouldn't have survived a second had you be in his shoes so don't come here and call him weak because he's far stronger than you could ever be. You are nothing but a coward that talks behind people's backs but when confronted you shake and quiver like a newborn pup. Dimitri May have been through a lot in six weeks but you best believe that I won't trade him for anyone or anything because he has shown me what true strength is" I started walking towards David and his buddies before crouching down to his level and getting in his face, "you're lucky that you didn't go through what he did because you wouldn't be sitting here with your eyes wide and mouth hanging open being yelled at and punished for your stupidity"

I stood up and moved aside when Dimitri pushed off the counter and walked towards David, who scrambled to get to his feet to get away, but Dimitri was faster and grabbed him by the throat before throwing him across the room where he went crashing through the glass window and landed in the yard where the rest of the pack watched with wide eyes.

"What the hell is going on?" Xander asked coming towards Jeremy and I, "Can one of you explain why my son is throwing David around like a rag doll while his friends are watching?"

"Dimi got fed up with them talking about him behind his back and snapped" Jeremy replied as we watched Dimitri throw David against a tree making it snap on impact, "he had every right though considering he said that he didn't deserve to have Bennett as his mate"

Xander, Jeremy and I watched as Dimitri stood feet away from David who laid on the ground coughing while his friends stood back and watched knowing that if they intervened that they would get equal treatment which I wasn't opposed to seeing as the way they had talked badly about Dimitri in the weeks of us being back here.

"Ranger, Axel, and Lucian, how does a game of chase sound?" Dimitri asked as the three trackers smirked at each other before shifting to their wolf forms, "I better start running" the four friends ran towards the woods shifting in midair before the trackers went after them howling, "Let this be a lesson to anyone who dares talk behind my back and calls me weak. I will not tolerate disrespect from anyone. If you have a problem with the way I act and do things around here you are all welcomed to leave but know this if you decide to return you will not be welcomed back and you will be killed in the spot. Understood?"

"Yes Alpha" the replied the rest of the pack before joining us

"You, my son, are an amazing and a great Alpha and whoever dares speak badly of you will only know that their words have consequences," Xander said and Dimitri nodded before he looked at me and I smiled

"Come on, let's go for a run" I nodded before we bid his father and friend a see you later before walking towards the woods

"I'm guessing with the way Jeremy reacted earlier that he knows," I said and he nodded, "and how did he react?"

"He didn't react the way I expected him to that's for sure" he replied as he took his shirt off and I could see the deep cuts scarring his back from the whips and swallowed the lump in my throat before taking my shirt off

"What do you mean?" I asked and he looked over his shoulder at me with a smile 

"He didn't see me any differently than I was before the abduction. It scared the hell out of me to tell him what happened because he's been my best friend since we were pups but hearing him say that he didn't see me differently felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders" I walked over to him and turned him around so he was facing me and cupped his face and he locked eyes with me making me smile up at him.

"No matter what anyone says about you, Dimitri, you are far stronger than anyone I've ever known or met in my life. You've been through hell and back and yet you still stand with your head held high. You have shown me what true strength means by not letting what happened to you bring you down. What I said back there in the kitchen was true. You have taught me the meaning of strength and resilience and I will always, always be proud of. You are my hero for surviving something as terrifying as what you went through." I saw his eyes glaze with tears at my words as I felt my eyes sting with tears, "I will always choose you. Do you understand? I will always, always chose you. In any lifetime, in any place and no matter the distance, I will always pick you."

"God I fucking love you" he murmured before pulling me into him and crashing his lips against mine in a searing kiss that took my breath away. I don't know how long we stood there kissing but I didn't mind. Nothing compared to the feel of his lips and his hands on me. His kisses were they are random or like these always mad meh heart race and butterflies to flutter in my stomach.

"I love you now and forever" I murmured when finally pulled back and he smiled pressing his forehead against mine as our eyes locked

"I will always love you and chose you and pick you" he replied making me grin, "now come on, let's go on that run"

He pulled back and ran further into the woods laughing making me shake my head. Despite his hard exterior and the way he now holds himself after everything he's been through, I still see the same down to earth, an adventurous man that I fell in love with. I saw a flash of white run through the trees ahead of me before shifting to my wolf and running after him. Life will throw you hardships left and right but it takes people that love you to help bring you to surpass them. Let them in and don't hide your pain or your frustrations away because then you will lose people in your life that you may never get back.

Never hold your feelings back. Express them whether they are in anger or in tears. Yell if you have to but don't hold back your emotions. I've learned that from watching Dimitri. He never hid his emotions and that's what I love about him. Despite having nightmares of the incident, he doesn't let that stop him from being the best Alpha that he is.

>he's a true warrior< Bailey said and I couldn't agree more with him.

>That he is, Bailey<

an here's a new update guys let me know what you guys think and sorry for the lack of updating but I've been having writer's block but alas after deleting this chapter like five million times (Okay slight exaggeration) it's here. What do you think of Dimitri finally putting the people talking  about him in their place? Do you think that there are more pack members that feel that Dimitri isn't worthy of being alpha or no? Let me know your thoughts

xoxo

~Cx