9. Bennett

"Alpha Bennett" I looked up at the sound of Monica's voice to see her, Riley and Jeremy standing in the doorway of Dimitri's bedroom and I swallowed the lump in my throat.

"Any news?" I asked, clearing my throat as my voice cracked and they shook their heads and I sighed looking back out the window. Something I've been doing for 6 weeks.

"Alpha Benji is here to speak with you," Riley said and I looked at them, "We've told him that you don't want to see or speak with anyone but he states that it's important"

"Did he come with Chris and Brett?"

"No, he arrived on his own with a few of his trackers and warriors along with his beta" Jeremy replied and I nodded, "If you don't wish to see him we can go and tell him that you're not in any condition to see him and have him come back another day"

"That's alright Jeremy. I've been neglecting my job as Alpha of this pack and it's time for me to do my part. Have them come to the office" I stated and they exchanged looks before nodding and excusing themselves before walking away while I made my way towards the office down the hall. I took a deep breath and unlocked the door before pushing the door open.

The room was big with créame colored walls that accentuated the dark mahogany desk in the car corner next to the floor to ceiling wall that overlooked the yard where I could see Sage and Gabriel training with their father the former Alpha, Xander and a few other pack members. I looked away and looked around the room. There was a winding staircase that led to the second floor where there were shelves upon shelves of books about the history of the pack and other literature. Behind the desk, there was a picture frame of Dimitri with his parents and siblings and they were all smiling, happy.

>We'll find him Benny< Bailey whispered in my head and I closed my eyes and thought back to the dream that I had a few nights ago where I found myself in an unfamiliar place and Bailey was beside me. We had just stumbled hound that place without a clue as to how we got there only to find ourselves in from of Grayson and Dimitri.

The day he had gone missing I felt that there was something off because he never ignored my phone calls or anyone's calls when they tried getting in touch with him through their mind link. I had just gotten out of the infirmary when word got out that he was abducted at school. A pack member had that he last saw Dimitri in the locker room getting ready for football practice but when they had all met up in the field he still hadn't shown up so their coach had Chris, who also happened to be on the team to go check and that's when he noticed that Dimitris scent was barely present along with four other scents.

That dream of him and I together in that field kept playing in my head over and over again but every time I try to figure out where he is, I'm back to reality. To a reality that I hate more than anything. I know he's hurt. I could see it in the way he held himself. The way his eyes had dulled over and the way his voice trembled and cracked when he spoke. The way his arms held me as he begged me to find him.

"Where are you Dimi?" I whispered as I felt a tear roll down my cheek as I looked at the portrait on the wall, "Give me a clue"

I jumped at the sons of a knock on the door and quickly wiped the tear away before flaking whoever it was to come in. The door opened a second later and Riley's head poked in,

"Alpha Bennett" he stated and I nodded for him to enter, "I've brought Alpha Benji and his escort as you asked"

"Thank you, Riley. Please let them in. And have the others join us" I said and he nodded letting Benjamin and his escort in before he was closing the door behind him as he zoned out for a few seconds and not long after another knock came to the door and Riley was once again opening it to let Monica, Jeremy, Xander, Sage, Gabriel, and a few trackers.

"You wanted to see us?" Alpha Xander asked and I nodded before looking at Benji

"Care to tell us why you've come here?" I asked

"We've been trying to contact you for the past 6 weeks but every time we are ignored. We recently found out why, and I'm here to lend you my help" Benjamin said and I raised a brow knowing that there was more to his offer than just doing it out of the kindness of his heart.

"And what do you want in return for your help?" I asked as I sat on the chair my hands folded on top of the desk with Riley, Jeremy, and Monica at my left while Xander and trackers stood at my right and by the window along with Sage and Gabriel.

"Why do you think I want anything in return? I'm doing this because I care about you and I know that this is affecting you greatly . I know I've been harsh on you when you left the house but I want you to know that I care about you because despite what mom and dad say, you're still my baby brother and I love you" Benji said and I raised a brow while the King brothers scoffed at his words

"Right" Gabe deadpanned, "you love him and care about him that you let his parents die while you stood back because mommy didn't want you fighting and getting hurt"

I watched as Benji clenched his jaw as his balled his fists

"We don't need help from you in finding my son. We already have enough help from other packs surrounding the area as well as in the states" Xander spoke up, "But we appreciate your offer, Alpha Benjamin. We already have everything covered"

"And yet you still haven't found him," Benji said with a cocky tone as if saying that with his help that there was a bigger chance of us finding Dimitri and I clenched my jaw as his comment

"Despite what you may think, Alpha Benjamin, we've already had leads as to where my mate is and we don't need you or your pack's help in locating him. Now if you'll excuse us, we have work to do" I stated standing up making Benjamin look at me, "We don't need your help in locating Dimitri and we never will. Now leave"

"You'll be begging for me to help find him Bennett and when that day comes you'll find yourself crying at my feet," Benjamin said making the room erupt in laughter at his words and I smirked looking at him

"Don't hold yourself to high Benjamin. I'd rather bite my tongue off than ever gravel at your feet and beg for your help" I stated before looking over at Arrow, one of the trackers, "Arrow please show our guests out"

"Yes Alpha" Arrow said as he bowed and looked at Benji and his escort extending his hand towards the door, "Right this way gentlemen"

Three days after Benjamin's visit we got a call from Alpha Logan in Arizona that one of his trackers had followed two suspicious men to an old abandoned building on the outskirts of Tucson and that he had them surround the area without getting caught. I knew that there was a big chance that it could be another false lead but there was not much we could go on. Brett, Chris, and my friends along with Dad had decided to join us in going to Arizona to get Dimitri back and I couldn't be more grateful.

"Ready?" I looked over to see Uncle Morgan walk towards me and I nodded, "Then what are we waiting for?"

"Let's go bring my mate home," I said as Riley pulled up next to us in a black SUV that we'll be taking to the airport where the pack's jet was waiting for us.

We're coming, Dimi, just hold on a little longer.

an here's a new update guys let me know what your guys think and don't forget to leave a vote/fan

xoxo

~Cz