14. Dimitri

It was just a little past 3 in the morning when I finished my last pile of paperwork and I was making my way down the hall towards mine and Benny's room when it happened. The loud howl of the patrol signaling that we were under attack sounded through the house. Doors banged open as pack members began to scurry to get to the safe room.

>what the fuck is going on?< I growled

>Rouges were spotted at the southern border. Aaron and Jack are already there trying to stop the rogues from advancing. Milo and Josh went to the west border as rogues were also spotted there. Monica, Riley and I are at the eastern border. Bennett, Montana, and Julian are at the west border< Jeremy replied through the mind link and I cursed. All of Bennett's friends had left their former pack once he had moved in with me and have become part of the pack. Montana became Bennett's beta while Raine was his third in command. Chris and Brett, going against their brother and mother's -Morgan had been okay with them doing what they wanted and was supportive of them-wishes, also left the pack to be with their mates.

I ran out of the house yelling at my parents to get everyone into the safe room while I made my way towards the south border and ordering Ryder to get to the western border. If rogues were advancing this fast Aaron, Jack, Milo and Josh won't be able to hold them back on their own.

>Fucking rogues< Grayson snarled in my head as I watched Ryder run past me towards the western border. I snarled as I smelt their disgusting scent of rotten flesh and blood. We haven't had a problem with rogues in months so what the fuck do they want now?

I didn't have time to answer my own question as I burst through the trees and clamped my jaws on a rogue that was sneaking up behind Jack making it yelp in surprise before it began to shake his head trying to get me off but I only held on tighter piercing it's blinked with my jaws. I could feel the metallic taste of blood in my mouth making me gag.

I don't know how long we were out but the sun was already rising by the time the rogues realized that they wouldn't be able to win and hightailed it leaving behind the bodies of their buddies behind. I surveyed the area a few times making sure they had actually left before encoding my head towards Jack and Aaron.

>go get yourselves checked at the infirmary before getting some rest. I'll have your replacements out once we get back< I said to them through the link and they nodded

>Yes Alpha< they replied before shifting to their human forms once we arrived back at the pack Josie and they were greeted by their concerned wives - who had run out of the house when word reached them that it as safe to come out from the safe room - but both Aaron and Jack assured them that they were fine before they led them towards the infirmary. I looked around the yard but couldn't find Bennett and it worried me. I could feel him but couldn't see him.

"Have you seen Bennett?" I asked Chris who had been helping one of the fighters and he shook his head saying

"The last time I saw him was five minutes ago but I haven't seen him since" and he looked worried as well at the fact that Bennett was missing.

"I'm going to go look for him if you see him before I find him howl and I'll know" he nodded before I shifted into my wolf form and ran into the woods before stopping when I felt Bennett close as well as another wolf. I could hear them growling and when I stepped through I saw them launch at each other with Bennett having the upper hand as he clamped his jaws down on the other wolf's neck making it yelp at the action. It tried to get Bennett off but my mate only held onto it tighter snarling before he began shaking his head in a way to kill it.

I went to help him but Bennett's eyes pierced mine in a way that kept me rooted. I watched as my mate and the wolf fought each other. Something in the way he had looked at me told me that this was his fight a fight he had to finish without mine or anyone else's help. I felt my brothers and dad behind me as we watched the scene in front of us.

>why aren't you helping him?< Sage asked

>This is a fight only he can win on his own, Sage< I replied as I turned back to the fight. The rogue had gotten free from Bennett's grip and was a standing a few feet away from him panting as blood dripped to the leave covered ground.

I watched as they shifted from human to wolf to human as they struggled to get the upper hand before Bennett had the rogue pinned to the ground with his hand around the asshole throat. The position he was in made my blood boil but I knew that it wasn't sexual but I could smell the rogue's arousal from where I stood making Grayson snarled and pace in my head.

"This is a better position don't you think," the rogue said as he flipped them so that Bennett laid beneath him before he was leaning closer sniffing Bennett, "you haven't been marked yet"

"One thing I learned from my parents before they died is to never let my guard down despite my enemy having the upper hand," Bennett said with a smirk as he looked up at the rogue who raised a brow before he coughed, the smell of blood instantly filling the air as the rogue looked down to see that Bennett had slammed his hand through his chest, "you underestimated me. Despite being a pup when my parents died, they taught me enough to protect myself in a fight"

"You bastard" the rogue coughed before falling to the side while Bennett got back in his feet panting as he held the rogue's heart in his hand, blood dripping to the ground blending with the blood pooling around the motionless body do the rogue

"I hope you rot in the pits of Tartarus you son of a bitch" Bennett snarled before collapsed in exhaustion. I shifted to my human form picking him up in my arms

>Take him back to the house Dimitri and have the doctor check him< Dad said and I nodded, >we'll get rid of his body<

I carried Bennett back to the packhouse where the Doctor quickly got Benny hooked up to a heart monitor as well as an IV drip.

I sat on the plastic chair beside his bed holding his hand as the heart monitor beeped.

>he's strong< Grayson said and I couldn't agree more.

>he really is<

an here's a new update guys sorry if it sucked but I tried so let me know what you guys think and don't forget to leave a vote/fan also I don't know when the next update will be since I work full time and my aunt is here visiting for a few weeks and I want to spend as much as I can with her before she leaves but I'll try my best to have an update sometime in the next couple days so keep a lookout for it.

as always thank you for the support 🥺

xoxo

~Cx