Chapter Two

Later that day, Edward, the triplets, Harry, Hermione, Ginny, and Ron went downstairs to find Mrs. Weasley and Gem cooking. Gem looked as calm and gentle as ever, but Mrs. Weasley looked furious.

"We're eating out in the garden, dears," Gem told them as they entered. "There's just not enough room for seventeen people."

"But there's only sixteen," said Topaz with a frown. "Nine Weasleys, four Blacks, two Potters, and Hermione."

"We invited Draco over for dinner," said Mrs. Weasley. Onyx and Ruby exchanged delighted glances. "Could you take the plates outside, girls? Bill and Charlie are setting up the tables. Knives and forks, you five." She pointed her wand at the potatoes in the sink, and they shot out of their skins like rockets. They all ducked.

Gem smiled and waved her wand, and the potatoes all gathered onto the counter.

"Those two!" Mrs. Weasley said furiously as Ginny, Hermione, and Ruby quickly grabbed the plates and rushed out. She began taking pots and pans out of a cupboard. "I don't know what's going to happen to them, I really don't. No ambition, unless you count making as much trouble as they possibly can-"

"What's wrong with that?" Ruby asked, sticking her head back inside. Ginny giggled. Gem waved her daughter outside and Ruby disappeared quickly.

"It's not as though they haven't got brains," she said irritably as she pointed her wand into a saucepan, and creamy sauce spilled from the wand tip. Gem lit the stove with her own wand as Mrs. Weasley slammed the saucepan onto the stove. "But they're wasting them, and unless they pull themselves together soon, they'll be in real trouble. I've had more owls from Hogwarts about them than the rest put together. If they carry on the way they're going, they'll end up in front of the Improper Use of Magic Office."

Gem pointed her wand at one of the drawers and several knives shot out, soared across the kitchen, and began chopping the potatoes. Edward opened the drawer above it and began passing forks and table knives to Harry, Ron, Topaz, and Onyx.

"I don't know where we went wrong with them," Mrs. Weasley said furiously, putting down her wand to pull out more saucepans. "It's been the same for years, one thing after another, and they won't listen to -- OH NOT AGAIN!"

The wand she had picked up had emmitted a loud squeak and transformed into a giant rubber mouse. Onyx and Ron stifled snickers as she snatched up her real wand.

"One of their fake wands again!" Mrs. Weasley yelled. "How many times have I told them not to leave them lying around?"

Edward snatched the mouse off the counter and lead his freinds outside.

They had only gone a few steps when Crookshanks, Shadow, and River came rushing past them, chasing a gnome. The creature jumped into one of the Wellington boots on the back porch, and Shadow and River tried to knock the boot over while Crookshanks poked a shaggy ginger paw inside of it.

There was a loud crashing noise, and they turned the corner to find Bill and Charlie smashing two old tables together with their wands. Fred, George, and Ruby were jumping up and down, cheering them on; Draco and Ginny were laughing; Hermione hovered near them, looking disappointed and amused at the same time.

"Hey, Drake!" Onyx grinned, waving a fistful of forks and knives at Draco.

"Hey, Onyx," Draco called back.

With a bang, one of the legs on Charlie's table fell off. Percy opened his window two floors above them, looking furious.

"Will you keep it down?!" he yelled, making the twins, Ruby, Draco, Ron, and Onyx snicker.