Chapter Five

Edward, the triplets, Harry, Ron, and Hermione strode along the rows of tents. By this time, many wizards were awake. Some of them were trying to start fires with matches; a few of them flicked out their wands to start a fire with magic; there were three African wizards roasting what looked like a rabbit on a bright purple fire; a group of American witches gossiping beneath their star-spangled flag; Edward heard snatches of different languages inside the tents, all of which were excited.

Then they reached a huge group of tents, most of which were green. There were shamrocks plastered all over the tents that weren't. Grinning pictures were tacked to tent flaps.

"Hey! You guys!"

They turned. Draco was running towards them, having just emerged from a jet black tent with ten floors that had a poster of Viktor Krum on the outside of it. Lucius Malfoy was standing at the entrance in a black bathrobe and black silk pajamas, blinking in the morning light and holding a cup of coffee.

"I thought you weren't coming!" Draco grinned, hugging Edward and giving Onyx a high five. "I've been up for ages."

"Your dad doesn't look to happy," Ruby snickered.

"No, I accidentally woke him up at five," said Draco with embarrassment.

"Where'd you get that gigantic tent?" Onyx demanded. Ron and Harry were staring at it in awe.

"The Malfoys are rich, remember?" Topaz reminded them.

Draco grimaced; he didn't like having so much money. "When did you get here?" he asked, changing the subject.

"Seven past five," said Edward.

"Harry! Ron! Hermione! Ruby!"

They turned around. Seamus Finnigan and Dean Thomas were running toward them. A sandy-haired woman was watching them from one of the shamrock-covered tents.

"Why are you supporting Bulgaria, Malfoy?" Seamus asked Draco with a frown.

"I'm not supporting either team, Finnigan," said Draco good-naturedly, and the two Gryffindor boys stared at him. "Father's supporting Bulgaria -- the team's old headmaster is an old friend of his." He wrinkled his nose. "I wanted to support Ireland, but Father wouldn't have it; so I'm rooting for both teams."

"So you'll just cheer every time someone scores?" Ruby asked with a grin.

"Yes," said Draco.

"You're supporting Ireland, right?" Seamus asked after a pause, turning to Edward.

After assuring Seamus and Dean that they were supporting Ireland, Ruby suggested going to see what the other Bulgarians had all over their tents. Draco ran to his father and asked if he could go, and a moment later the eight of them were walking towards the green, red, and white flag that was fluttering in the distance.

The tents underneath the flag didn't have shamrocks plastered all over them, but they all had posters of Viktor Krum on theirs, like the Malfoys'. He was blinking and scowling.

"Krum," said Ron quietly.

"Who?" asked Hermione.

"Viktor Krum!" Ruby and Ron chorused indignantly.

"The Bulgarian Seeker," said Onyx, rolling his eyes. "Honestly, Hermione, where have you been?"

"She was raised by Muggles, Onyx!" Topaz said exasperatedly.

"He looks really grumpy," said Hermione.

Draco laughed. "He does, doesn't he?"

"Grumpy?" Ruby demanded.