Chapter Seven

"That was amazing!" Ron yelled as they all walked back to the tents. "I wish we could see every Quidditch Cup!"

"No, you don't," said Draco, who was walking with them while Narcissa and Lucius trailed behind. "It wears on your ears after a while."

Before Ron could reply, loud singing burst from the forest nearby.

When they got back to the tents, dropping Draco and his parents off at theirs, no one was tired at all. That, including the level of noise around them -- cheers, singing, and yells -- made Mr. Weasley decide that they could stay up and talk. Soon Ruby, the twins, Bill, and Charlie were arguing loudly about the map. Only when Ginny fell asleep at the table did Mr. Weasley stop the verbal replays and call for lights out. The triplets disappeared into their tent, and Hermione and Ginny went to the girls' tent.

Edward laid on the bottom bunk beside Harry, listening to the far-off singing and an odd, echoing bang.

"Oh, I am glad I'm not on duty," Mr. Weasley mumbled from his bed nearby. "I wouldn't fancy having to go and tell the Irish they've go to stop celebrating...."

------------

Edward was shaken awake only a few hours later by a loud scream outside. Mr. Weasley was shaking Harry next to him.

"Get up! Ron -- Harry -- come on now, get up, this is urgent!"

"What's going on?" Ron asked as Harry's head hit the top of the bunk.

"Don't ask, just get a coat on!" Edward said sharply, having an inkling of what was going on.

A few minutes later, everyone was outside. By the dim light of the few remaining fires, Edward could see cloaked figures in the distance, all of whom were laughing drunkenly, singing, or jeering, and most of them had their wands pointed in the air, keeping three struggling figures floating above them. Edward realized what the cloaked people were when he saw the silver masks.

"Are they mad?" Edward demanded.

"They're drunk," said an irritated voice behind them, and they turned to see Draco walking up, looking upset and angry. "Mother told me to stay with you. She also said something about hexing Father into oblivion when he 'got back.'"

Ruby poked her head out of the triplets' tent, scowling. "Whoever is disturbing my sleep will receive my wrath."

"Are you really going to attack Death Eaters?" asked Draco. Ruby glared at him, and he quickly closed his mouth.

"Depending on whether I can use my wand or not, yes."

"Well, you don't have to," said Edward, pointing. Several Ministry wizards, including Charlie, Bill, and Percy, were running towards the group of Death Eaters.

At that moment, the three figures floating in the air were suddenly illuminated as they passed over a burning tent. It was Mr. Roberts, the campsite manager, and his wife and son.

"That's sick," said Ron. "That's really sick...."

"I know," said Draco, grimacing. "I don't understand why they think it's funny."

Mr. Weasley suddenly appeared from the tent with Fred and George behind him. "I'm going to help the Ministry!" he said sharply. "You lot, get into the woods, and stick together." He suddenly spotted Draco. "Take care of him, would you, Fred, George? I'll come and fetch you when we've sorted this out!" He ran after Bill, Charlie, and Percy.

To Edward's surprise, everyone turned to him. "What?" he asked.

"You're better at leading," said Harry.