Chapter Three

Edward was shaken awake so early he felt as if he'd only gotten a few minutes of sleep.

"Time to go, Ed!" Ruby said, before swatting Onyx on the arm.

Onyx leaped up with a yelp, making Topaz and Harry sit up in their sleeping bags. Ron jumped out of bed, looking around wildly.

"'S' time already?" Topaz yawned.

"WAKE UP!" Ruby bellowed, making everyone jump.

"Ruby, it's the crack of freaking dawn," Onyx groaned, "stop yelling."

"It's time to go, sleepy heads," Ruby grinned, snatching Edward's pillow and swatting Topaz's head. "I'll keep hitting you both until you stand up!"

"All right!" Onyx dodged the pillow and got out of his sleeping bag. "Get out, we need to dress."

After Ruby had gone, Ron complained, "Your sister is annoying!"

"No, she's not," said Edward dryly, pulling his shirt over his head. "I thought that was hilarous. Even if she was using my pillow."

When they got downstairs, Ruby was talking animatedly while Fred and George snored over theirt toast and Mr. Weasley checked a sheaf of tickets -- Edward and the triplets had given them theirs. They could hear Mrs. Weasley and Gem inside the kitchen, preparing the rest of breakfast.

When they were all sitting down, Mr. Weasley stood, spreading his arms. "What d'you think, Harry? We're supposed to go incognito -- do I look like a Muggle?"

He was wearing a golfing sweater over an old pair of jeans, which were slightly too big for him and held up by a leather belt.

"Yeah," said Harry, "pretty good."

Mrs. Weasley came in with a pot of oatmeal. "Where's Bill and Charlie and Percy?" Ruby asked, sounding like a chipper squirrel, as she began dishing the oatmeal into bowls. George and Fred gave sleepy grunts, waking up with a start.

"Well, they're Apparating, aren't they?" Mrs. Weasley said with a smile. "So they can have a bit of a lie-in."

"So they're still in bed?" Fred mumbled. "Why can't we Apparate too?"

"MAGIC!" Ruby bellowed, making everyone jump. Onyx nearly knocked over his bowl of oatmeal when he did so.

"Geez, Ruby, why are you so loud and bouncy?" Topaz groaned as he rubbed his forehead.

"Because you're not of age and you haven't passed your test," Mrs. Weasley said irritably. "Where are Ginny and Hermione?"

"I couldn't wake them up," Ruby said matter-of-factly, bouncing her knees.

Mrs. Weasley gave a sigh of exasperation and left the dining room.

Gem came in a moment later with fourteen large drawstring bags, each a different color. She began passing them out.

"What're these?" Ruby asked eagerly, making Topaz and Onyx moan in unison.

"Snacks and water bottles, in case you get hungry or thirsty," Gem answered with a smile, giving her a bright red bag. She handed Edward a silver bag and Harry an emerald one.

Edward opened his bag a bit.

There was an assortment of granola bars, a yellow popsicle that seemed to magically stay cold, a few bars of Honeydukes' chocolate, and a large, clear silver water bottle.

"You each have a different-flavored popsicle and the water bottles magically refill themselves," Gem explained as she sat down beside Ruby.

"You have to pass a test to Apparate?" Harry asked.