Such a Softer Sin Chapter 2

Lila gains a job and makes some friends...some very handsome Irish friends :')

------------------------------------------

Three days passed since she was caught in the storm and things hadn't been much better for Lila. She still had no job and it was stressing her out. Her grandfather had some money saved for them to get by, but she hated using his money. She didn't really know where else to look for a job and she was at her wits end. Her grandfather seemed to be loving being back here though which was something. An old friend of his had come over to visit and relax with him so she decided to make herself scarce for a few hours. She was wearing a dark green t shirt and jeans, her knee high doc marten boots and a black hoodie, she learnt her lesson last time to bring a jacket.

She didn't really know where to go, the last time she was in Boston, she was 10, so she was unfamiliar with the place. She wandered around for a bit before coming back to the pub she had sought refuge from the rain. It was around 8pm, and she had to be home by 10pm, when her grandads friend would be heading home. She looked at the pub and decided to go in, she could have a couple of beers and just relax in there knowing she was safe. The city put her on edge after what had happened to her father, she didn't feel safe just walking around the streets on her own.

She pushed the door open and walked in, this time going to the bar instead of a booth. Her eyes scanned the place taking everyone in and at the bar over to her left she saw the men from three days ago with another man with wild hair. They were all laughing at something the hairy man said and seemed like they'd been already been drinking a while. She felt a little bad for not talking to the man more when she was here last time, but she just wasn't naturally outgoing like that. She wasn't exactly shy but living in New York meant she was just used to keeping to herself and not talking to people she didn't know. When she got to know someone, she was outgoing, loud and downright cheeky, but with strangers, she was just reserved. The barmaid recognised her and gave her a bright smile, no doubt happy Lila was alive and didn't die of hypothermia from last time. She knew she looked much better. When Lila had returned home after her last visit she was shocked at how she looked. She knew people had been concerned and she knew why. She looked like she had been aboard the Titanic when it had sunk. Now she was dry and healthy looking. Her red wavy hair down and flowing past her shoulders. Her cheeks had a healthy blush and her pale complexion looked healthy, not like she was on the verge of death.

"Ye came back! Ye look so much better." The woman smiled warmly at her as she stopped in front of her. Lila blushed slightly at the fact she was just thinking the same thing. She was unaware that the barmaids loud voice had alerted her presence to the young men sat a few seats away at the bar.

"Yeah, a little less like a drowned rat today." Lila snorted a little as she smiled at her. The woman grinned and poured a shot of whiskey, setting it in front of her.

"On me. I'm glad ye came back, we were worried about ye." She admitted, looking all motherly. She glanced at the men as she said it, indicating they too had been worried and Lila braved a glance at them. The dark haired one gave her a lopsided grin whilst the blonde one gave her a smirk.

"Aye lass, we had half a mind te follow ye te make sure ye got home alright." The blonde spoke up with a grin.

"Hmm... because that's not creepy." She teased playfully before downing her shot, enjoying how it burned a little on the way down. The darker haired man barked a laugh and got an thwack across his head off the blonde one. She found it amusing watching them together.

"I'm Connor. This is me brother Murphy, and the hairy mess over there is our good pal Rocco." He grinned, nodding his head to the very drunk man hitting on a woman across the room, unsuccessfully. Lila snorted a little and shook her head as she looked from the hairy man to the boys once again. She was feeling better about talking to them since she wasn't soaked through and grumpy.