Such a Softer Sin Chapter 4

Lila checks on a hungover Murphy and Murphy gets jealous of his brother as he jumps to conclusions.

--------------------------------------

Lila chewed her lip as she stood in the elevator going up to the boys' place. It was dinner time now and her granda was having a nap, giving her some time to check on the very hungover twin. She had a thermos of chicken soup with her, not sure what else he would be able to stomach after all he'd drank the night before. She didn't know if he would even be here, for all she knew he could have gone to work anyway, but she had a feeling Connor wouldn't allow it. Despite Connor loving to take the piss out of his brother, it was obvious the pair did care about each other very much and looked out for each other.

The elevator stopped and she got out, walking to the boys' door. She knocked firmly, not sure if he would be asleep or not and she heard some faint curse words on the other side. No one answered though so she knocked a little harder this time.

"Fuck off Roc! Ain't in the mood!" Murphy yelled from inside. She snorted a little and just decided to open the door anyway. She saw Murphy lay on his stomach in bed and he scrambled to sit up as he saw her. He hadn't expected her to just turn up. He'd spent the morning throwing up and feeling like he was dying. His head hurt like a bitch. It didn't help that he remembered every painful detail of the night before and he felt his cheeks flush a little just seeing her, remembering how her body felt pressed against his when he pulled her on him as he laughed like a fucking girl and called her pretty.

She blushed slightly too, seeing him sat there in just his boxers. She tried not to stare but the man was fine as hell. She shut the door behind her and walked over, sitting down on his mattress in front of him as he just blinked at her, unsure of what to say.

"I wanted to check you were still alive." She snorted. "I bought some chicken soup. I know you probably don't feel like eating, but you need to get some food in you." She smiled softly at him. He looked at her like she was a fucking angel, helping him the night before, now helping him once again. She was heaven sent, he was fucking sure of it.

"Thanks, ye didn't have te." He replied, smiling himself despite feeling like at any moment he was going to keel over and die.

She opened the thermos and poured some soup in the cup lid, handing it to him. He took it gratefully. He didn't think he was hungry but as soon as he smelt it, his mouth watered and his stomach growled. He started to sip it gingerly as he watched her take off her boots and cross her legs, sitting right in front of him. She was in her usual jeans and boots attire he'd come to adore but today she was wearing an off the shoulder black top, and he realised his thing for her neck wasn't his only new thing. Her collarbones and shoulders were just as delectable.

"How are you feeling?" She asked softly, breaking his train of thought.

"Been better." He snorted lightly, still sipping the soup. He was feeling better already at having some food in his belly. He watched her curiously, as she rummaged around in her messenger bag. He'd never really looked at it before but there were a bunch of hand sewn on patches on it, most of them curse words. It made him smile.

She made a little happy noise when she found what she was looking for and his lips quirked up at the sound. She was too fucking cute sometimes. She pulled out a packet of aspirin and got some out, handing them to him.

"What would I do without ye love?" He asked with a grin, using his soup to take them with.

"Be really hungover and miserable?" She offered with a cheeky grin. He huffed a laugh at her as he leaned to sit against the wall. Her hair was down again today. It didn't matter what style she had it in, every time he saw her it was his new favourite but he knew it would change each time he saw her.