Such a Softer Sin Chapter 35

More feels, but I promise things get better! I want to try and get things moving along in this chapter because I still have planssssssssss. I really feel like this fic is coming to a close soon. I'm thinking possibly four more chapters? Although I have no idea since it was supposed to be five in the first place, and now look, thirty fucking five lolololol.

But I'm gonna be doing the sequel, set during the first film, so dry your eyes children. :')

It's not over yetttttttt.

---------------------------------

It had been just over a week and Murphy still hadn't woken up. He was able to breathe on his own now, the night after he was anointed to be exact, and he was in a different room. It was more private and it had a joined bathroom on it. Lila and Connor had barely left his side. They slept on the chairs by his bed, Connor to his left, Lila to his right, clutching his hands, only leaving to shower when they needed to. Rocco came by every day. He brought them both breakfast, lunch and dinner, and even spare clothes. The pair were grateful for their friend, how he was making sure they ate and looked after them. He hadn't even cracked any jokes, despite his deep urge to, it was just how he was in intense situations. But he couldn't bring himself to when one of his best friends was just lay there, not waking up.

Connor and Lila had barely spoken out loud. The two of them had taken to holding Murphy's hands and holding each other's over the bed. It was the only way they felt closest to him, when their connection was at its peak. They both pleaded with Murphy mentally to wake. The doctor had told them that sometimes people in a coma could hear things and remember things. So they took to using their profound bond to try and reach him. Neither cared how desperate or needy they sounded in each other's heads, as they both heard all of what was going on. They just needed Murphy to wake the fuck up. Being connected pretty much at all times had them just communicating mentally with each other. They just seemed unable to use their voices just yet.

Lila was sure her telepathic muscles were well and truly flexed by this point, she had used them so much she had gotten a fuck tonne better at it. Connor would have been proud if he wasn't heartbroken. The only time they left Murphy's side was when one of them had to shower. They would take turns, the other staying with him. They hated it though and were always as quick as they could, because once the bond was severed, they felt so far away from him. Even Connor had a hard time feeling him out when he was on his own with him.

The priest would come by every day and say a quick prayer with them, he had taken to the pair and their comatose loved one. He didn't know what it was about them, just the very miracle that happened when Connor had woke and helped Murphy, but there was something there about the three of them, they were special, he just couldn't figure out why. Connor and Lila were grateful to the man, he provided them with comfort and hope. The prayers would lift their spirits and the priest would talk so confidently that Murphy would wake up and it would all be okay. They had to hold on to that hope, because without that, they felt like they were drowning.

They were glad they had each other, Connor didn't know how he would have handled this whole thing if Lila hadn't been there with him. He had wanted to reach out to her, to hold her, kiss her, but he didn't. They just sat on respective sides of Murphys bed gripping at his hands and pleading with him to wake up. It was hard for him, not only dealing with his own emotional trauma but the lasses too. They were raw and open in an effort to reach his twin, and this meant they felt every little thing they each felt. The girl was broken. He wasn't surprised. She had been through so much grief in her life, losing her Da, her granda and now this? Connor wasn't sure how she was still fucking standing because this with Murphy alone had him dying inside. She was strong, but she was fractured. And when Murphy woke up, because he would fucking wake up, they would both need to help piece her back together.