Such a Softer Sin Chapter 17

This one's kinda short because the next one will be pretty long, and I don't want to make it even longer by adding this part to it. Hopefully you'll still enjoy it.

Murphy talks to Lila about Connor, and Connor tries to fix shit.

---------------------

When Murphy got back inside the apartment, he saw Lila at the sink washing the dishes from their wonderful birthday breakfast. His heart ached when he heard her sniffling and he had to fight the strong urge to go down and beat some sense into his brother's thick skull. It was rare that he'd seen Connor act like that, like him. Connor always acted so reserved, almost like feelings got in the way. Murphy wondered what that was like. He had always been over emotional. He felt too strongly to the point it overwhelmed him, and now it seemed his brother was getting a taste of what that was like. Murphy wasn't stupid, he'd made his peace a while back that they were both in love with the pretty redhead. The night they had both told her they loved her in different languages. Connor didn't seem to have a memory of it though since he was more inebriated than everyone else and Murphy hadn't mentioned it to his brother. He wondered if he hadn't told Connor because he knew his brain would fucking short circuit and turn him into an asshole.

He wasn't sure what fucking alternate universe they entered on their birthday that warranted his brother being overly emotional and rude and leaving Murphy to do the damage control, but he didn't fucking like it. He wasn't used to being the responsible one. He was much more comfortable screaming at someone or crying like a little bitch. This responsible fixer bullshit, that wasn't his jam. He walked over to Lila, wrapping his arms around her middle and resting his chin on her shoulder. She stopped washing the dishes, relaxing and leaning into him, resting her hand over his on her belly. It made his chest swell that she didn't mind him holding her this way.

"He doesn't mean it m'girl, he's just...overwhelmed. Ye know how he is, ain't used te it." He sighed regretfully, soaking her in as he held her like this. He hadn't done this before and it felt even more intimate than their hugs somehow. Maybe it was how her ass pressed against his cock or the way he had a good view down her top at this angle, he wasn't sure, didn't really fucking care, but he just knew he liked it. Lila had some time to think when she was washing the dishes and she knew deep down Connor hadn't meant to be so rude or hurtful, he wasn't the type to be spiteful, but it still hurt.

"I know. I just...wanted to do something nice for you both." She said sadly.

Murphy let her go, he really didn't want to, he was loving holding her that way, but he wanted to look at her. He turned her around, his hands slowly trailing up her arms, making her suppress a shiver at his touch. She blinked up at him as he looked down at her adoringly, his hands sliding over her shoulders and settling on the sides of her neck, his fingers stroking the base of her skull where her hair started.

"Ye did love, I promise. He just needs some time te wrap his head around it. It's been an emotional mornin' aye?" He smiled softly, she nodded and tried to give him a smile back but it was far too weak for Murphy's liking, so he decided to tell her more. He took her hand and lead her to Connors bed, getting her to sit down and sitting opposite her. He kept a hold of her hand in his, rubbing his thumbs over it.

"Ye already know by now how different we can be m'girl. Ye know how emotional I can get, but Connor...he's never been that way. He's always been so careful, locked away. He ain't really used te lettin' things in, ye know? Sometimes it's like...he acts like feelin's just get in the way or somethin' if its anyone but me. He's usually closed off. I think everythin' just got on top o' him, but he'll be fine. And I can guarantee he's feelin' like shit right now about it." He said sincerely, opening up to her. She was grateful he did. The thing with Murphy was that he opened up to her a lot. It was easier to get information out of him and he had no issues with being honest with her. Connor was always more secretive, a little more closed off like Murphy had said. It was just who they are and she loved them both the way they were.