3. the maroon building

"You're an adventure I want to take. You're the smell after it rains, and the depth of the ocean when I'm afraid of its vastness- but everything else, you're the one thing that makes sense."

I darted my eyes open as the plane landed roughly on the ground, causing my head to bump against the small window beside me. I grunted and rubbed the tender spot on my head. What a great way to start off my journey.

As the captain ordered the passengers not to unfasten their seatbelts, as the plane didn't arrive to it's final parking position yet, I had already unbuckled it. I was waiting impatiently, craning my neck up over the seat before me trying to spot Lewis' sand brown curls.

My heart was racing again because I had no clue what on earth was I thinking when I agreed on coming to London with him. Don't get me wrong, I did hesitate for a bit before frantically saying "what the hell".

The line that was formed on the aisle has started to move. I ducked my head as I rose from my seat only to plop back into it, as I couldn't stand up properly despite my 5'3 height.

"You okay?" I heard a British voice coming from behind. I didn't bother answering because I knew he was grinning internally.

"Wasn't your seat somewhere before mine?" I asked instead, turning my head to flash a puzzled look towards him. He was standing on the aisle two rows back. He had his large stoned jean jacket thrown over his one shoulder and his large navy blue traveller's backpack was hanging off from the other one.

His lips formed a smile when his eyes met mine. "Nope. Hey, where did you put your bag?" As the line has now moved further ahead, Lewis was almost standing next to my seat. He extended one hand out for me and jerked me up once I grabbed his large hand. I was almost falling back into my seat once again.

He chuckled slightly and winked. "I'm sweeping you off your feet already, eh?"

"Not at all," I snapped back. "It was just me, getting repelled by your scent."

He widened his grin at my comeback. I'm not here to amuse you big boy. As the line was now moving much quicker, Lewis promptly reached up to collect my backpack before ushering me forward down the aisle.

Once we were out of the aircraft, I paused for a moment to draw a deep breath in. Lewis cocked his head to one side, looking amused.

"What?" I asked, starting off to walk once more. As much as I wanted to walk past him and his cocky attitude, this was his hometown and I needed him as my guide throughout UK.

"Nothing," He shrugged off. "It was a one and a half hour flight and you are tired?"

I glanced over my watch mentally noting myself to set it back an hour, walking leisurely beside his broad figure. "Do not start on at me Lewis, I'm literally re-living four pm in a country where the traffic flows from the wrong side of the road."

"C'mon birdie, it's no time for strolling. I need to be at home before five pm." Lewis grabbed my hand, dragging me after him. I was practically rushing to harmonize with his wide steps, my brown locks hopping as I did.

"Why bouncing at the walls?" I asked, referring to his excitement.

He shot me a playful smirk, looking back over his shoulder. "Bouncing off the walls you mean?"

I rolled my eyes. "Very funny. I'm British. I speak fluent English. I have a hot accent." I mocked and he just chuckled lightly.

Once we were out of the airport, I was welcomed by the fresh breeze unlike the stuffy air back inside. Lewis never let me slow down until we finally made it to his car. He pulled the trunk open and threw in our ridiculous luggage of two large backpacks.

I wrapped my arms around myself, attempting to block the chilly air out. Lewis eyed me suspiciously, shaking his head lightly before tossing me his jacket. I let the large clothing dangle from my fingers after I hesitantly grabbed it.

"Throw it on, birdie." He sighed. The look on his hazel eyes was telling me that it wasn't the place to be shy. His dimples popped out slightly as he smirked down at me. "I thought that you wouldn't get scared by a little chilly air tough."

I didn't bother answering before climbing into the vehicle and called out to him. "Hey Lewis, weren't you supposed to arrive home by five o'clock? You need to move quicker."

Lewis climbed into the driver's seat and started up the car solemnly. This was my cue to soak up his facial features. I shifted in my seat in order to get a better view of him.

His large fingers were grabbing the steering wheel gently while he fixated his eyes on the road that's uncoiling before us. Some strands of dirty blonde hair were hanging over his forehead and all I wanted to do was to push them back. A smug smile crept its way up to his lips when he noticed that my examining eyes were practically glued on him.

"You're watching me," he stated, amusedly pursing his lips.

"Yes," I agreed then turned my eyes back on the road, taking in the beautiful view.

Wow. I'm in London, driving with a hot British guy beside me. I was a bit anxious of course, but I didn't feel any regret. I didn't want to think about my dull routine back in Maastricht just yet. I didn't want to recall the horrified expression on my parents' faces when I first revealed my plans to them. I didn't want to remember my one and only friend Sara's tears when I told her that I wouldn't be attending college with her this year. I didn't want to accept the fact that I'd run out of money in times to come.

I did neither want to think about it nor talk about it. I just wanted to enjoy my gap year against all the odds, not planning one minute ahead.

The car ride to Lewis's home was pretty much quiet except an acoustic version of Ed Sheeran playing on the radio. I was nearly drifting off to sleep when Lewis pulled in the driveway of a small apartment with maroon colored exterior. As the car approached further, I noticed that the authentic color was a result of the brick walls of the building.

When the car finally came to a stop, Lewis twisted his head towards me. He had a playful smirk painted on his pale lips as he gestured towards the building. "I've never brought any girls here without dirty intentions," he admitted briskly making me blush.

"It's good to know that you're capable of doing grown up stuff since you pout like a five year old," I snapped, referring to the very beginning of our conversation back at the airport.

His eyes gleamed with mischief. "You keep repeating that birdie, yet all five of your questions were based on my sexual life. Are you curious about it?"

"I'm curious about the mental condition of girls whom you persuade to stay at your place."

Lewis laughed with that husky voice of his and I tried to keep myself from biting down on my lip unabashedly. Instead, I pushed open the door and climbed out of the vehicle.

"After you," Lewis said, who was already at the door, holding it open for me to pass through. I accepted his offer once more, swallowing down my nervousness before entering the maroon building.

***

Hey guys! So despite the fact that I've got zero votes, I published another chapter yayy! Please vote and comment if you like it and maybe you could inform your friends about it too! Thank you very much xx

-Cina