25. shout out loud

"You're the first thought in my head in the morning when I wake up and my last thought before I go to bed and even after I doze off, you keep smiling at me in my dreams."

*

My eyes darted open with a sudden clattering sound and a cold liquid pouring over my foot. For a couple of seconds, despite my eyes being open, everything remained as a blur thanks to my glazed over eyes.

I glanced around, only to notice a half-awake Lewis beside me, watching me with bleary eyes as his messed up curls hung adorably over his forehead. Quite of a confused look was plastered across his face since probably he also woke up by the noise.

"What time is it?" I raised a casual question to break off the silence that was threatening to drag on between us.

I could remember that we had started off watching the Truman Show after our brief moment of bonding but couldn't recall finishing it. We must have dozed off into sleep, I thought to myself before pulling myself slightly away from his warm body.

A hint of mischief crossed his mesmerizing eyes for a fleeting second. He reached out to untangle a patch of my own disheveled waves before answering my question.

"It's 11 pm as for what the telly reads anyway." Lewis said before his lips twitched up into a crooked smirk. "Who is going to mop up the floor?"

I arched one eyebrow quizzically. "What?"

Lewis pointed at the floor and I followed his gaze, noticing a light brown colored puddle by the wooden leg of the couch. "Ew," I said, jumping right off the couch to get away from the unpleasant looking coffee puddle. I didn't remember knocking down the cocktail glass that Lewis had placed down while we were watching TV but apparently I had.

"Well?" He asked, crossing his arms across his chest and flashing a crooked smile up at me. "Don't start acting all squeamish, it's only just coffee and a bit of a spoiled milk," He pointed out in his charming British accent. Well, at that point, I would do whatever he asked me to do with that accent of his. "You could mop up the floor or you could just fetch us some hoodies from my room."

I nodded as I backed up towards his bedroom, clearly not wanting to be the one who gets to mop up the floor. Once I was inside, I remembered all about the notebook and the crumpled up pieces of paper lying in a box in his wardrobe. Trying to push back the image of them, I searched through his clothes, messing up all his neatly folded t-shirts until I finally came across with some thick and velvety fabric that would hopefully keep us warm enough.

After pulling out the sweatshirts from under the pile of summer clothes, I suddenly remembered that I didn't even question why did we need these hoodies to keep us warm. "Hey Lewis?" I called, popping my head out of the door and taking in the image of him, mopping up the hardwood floors with ease. Perks of living without your parents around all time.

He glanced up at me, his lips forming a half smile as he swiftly pushed back the patch of hair falling over his forehead with the back of his hand. "You alright?" He asked and I nodded, my mind suddenly going blank as I just kept on gawking at him. "Yes, proceed please?" He muttered, definitely amused by my inability of forming proper words.

After shaking my head in order to pull myself out of my trance, I smiled brightly up at him as if nothing bizarre was going on with me just a few seconds ago. "What for do we need these sweatshirts? The flat is quite warm, isn't it?"

"It is indeed," Lewis nodded before flashing me a playful wink. "But I feel quite peckish so we'll be heading out afterwards," He stated, pointing at the mop he was holding.