14. good morning

"I want you to wake up next to me, everyday, for the rest of our lives. I want your sleepy, confused look when you wake up in the morning. I want your sighs and your unintelligible mutterings while you're asleep, dreaming of me."

Coffee. I was definitely, smelling freshly baked coffee. The scent was so intense that I could almost taste the pleasant aroma of the roasted coffee with subtle hints of citrus and chocolate.

I pried my eyes open, eventually giving in to the mouth-watering scent. I blinked for a couple of times, trying to adjust my eyes to the bright sunlight.

"Good morning!" I heard someone call from above me. Getting startled, I jerked my head up only to see a widely grinning Jaime gazing down at me, holding a large cup of coffee in his hands. I just gawked at him, my mind lagging behind my eyes on comprehending the situation.

Jaime handed me the mug before ordering me to drink up. I obeyed without protest, taking a large sip of the hot liquid, letting it warm its way down to my stomach as I gulped greedily.

Noticing that Jaime was still staring down at me with an arched eyebrow and a teasing smirk, I shifted my gaze onto him. "What?"

"You're welcome," He replied and my eyes instantly widened as I flashed an apologetic smile at him before extending the coffee out for a display and nodding thankfully.

"I meant, cheers! And good morning to you too."

Jaime mouthed, "No worries" before dropping his amused gaze down, looking me over from my toes to the top of my head. I felt my cheeks heat up involuntarily, as the memories of last night flood into my mind in faded bits.

I looked down to the grey shirt I was wearing, which belonged to Lewis and was so oversized, that it practically was swallowing me whole. My shorts were not visible under the long t-shirt, a few of my brown curls were popping out of my loose ponytail to sprawl across my back and I couldn't be more certain that my makeup from yesterday was smeared all across my face.

I peeped up at Jaime's face with a shy smile painted on my lips and on a sudden I remembered that we crashed at the café instead of heading over to the apartment last night.

My cheeks and neck turned even redder as I noticed the disapproving stares of the people that were complete strangers and were enjoying their morning breakfasts, all of them dressed neatly for work.

"I- uhm-" I stuttered as I pleaded Jaime for help with my eyes. He just winked amusedly and crossed his arms across his chest, backing of a step to enjoy my uneasiness.

I turned my gaze beside me, only to notice a fast asleep Lewis on the couch. A few strands of his tousled light brown hair were hanging over his forehead, glowing in a shade of gold by the rays of sunlight that broke through the shop windows. He had a slight five o'clock shadow that placed a disheveled look across his chiseled face. His parted lips were a bit swollen and redder than usual, hinting at his hangover that probably caused dehydration.

It didn't seem like the early morning was treating him well, as he wasn't in his prettiest state, but his worn-out look was enough to speed up my heart rate.

I quickly took another sip of my coffee, tearing my eyes off from Lewis, as Jaime placed his hand across his mouth to muffle a chuckle.

"You're totally into him," He stated with a faint trace of mockery in his voice.

I just rolled my eyes as he was talking absolutely nonsense. "Yeah, sure."

I gently pulled the scrunchie that was holding my messy curls up in a ponytail, trying to remove it without literally tearing my hair out. When my brown locks were finally freed out of the hair band, I did a quick head-bang to have them flow down my back.