7. jaime boselli

"I think people spend too much time staring into screens and not enough time drinking wine, tongue kissing and dancing under the moon."

I woke up with my head pounding as if it was being drilled. I pried my eyes open and scanned the room lazily, taking in my surroundings. It didn't take me long as it was a pretty small, modest bedroom. The walls were painted in a pale shade of green, which soothed my unbearable headache slightly. The curtains were drawn together but there was enough light breaking through for my nosy self to inspect the room further.

I noticed a yellow colored armchair in one corner of the room that a stack of neatly folded clothes and my large travel backpack were resting on. However, in the other corner stood a chestnut colored, wooden writing table, which had papers and books scattered all over it.

I couldn't keep myself but grunt audibly; the neatly folded clothes on one side of the room and the untidy desk on the other, making me remember last night's conversation between Lewis and I. How I idly talked about him also having two sides of himself ... I just wanted to cover myself under the blankets and maintain my foolish existence under them.

After inhaling sharply, I rose up on my elbows, on the king sized bed that crowded most of the room. I spotted a box of Paracetamol and a glass of water on the bedside table, which I assumed were arranged by Lewis before I woke up.

After taking the pill, I was ready to jump off the bed and deal with the bitter reality, which was me being far away from my hometown. Realizing that I was still wearing the clothes from yesterday, I scuffed towards the yellow armchair, reaching out for my bag.

I hadn't packed many clothes with me when I bolted out of my house as I didn't actually had faith in myself that I'd be sticking to my getaway plan. I shuffled through my bag, trying to gather up a proper outfit for the day.

*

I felt much better as I left the small bedroom, freshened up and dressed in something much more cleaner than my previous, travelling outfit. I had my cell phone in the back pocket of my shorts, still switched off. I didn't plan on switching it on anytime soon.

As I made my way towards the kitchen, I noticed that a blueberry muffin was placed on the table to my delight with a tiny piece of paper lying beside, a few words scrawled hastily on it.

Good morning! Needed to run to the café. Enjoy my award-wining blueberry muffin, birdie.

I felt my cheeks warming up with the last word that was scribbled down. A warm smile crept its way through my lips, which were swollen due to all the alcohol that I had consumed last night. I poured myself another glass of water and drunk up greedily before devouring the mouth-watering blueberry muffin. 

I needed to plan my upcoming days but I wasn't sure where to start up. This whole situation still seemed like a pleasant yet a bit terrifying dream to me. An image of last day popped into my mind, making me grin widely as I chewed the blueberry flavored, crumbly delight.

"Careful birdie, it's no time to fly, just yet." I remembered him muttering before wrapping one of his masculine arms around my waist to keep me from tripping over. I didn't have a single clue why he kept on calling me 'birdie' but it kind of made me feel delicate yet as strong willed as a bird that could fly off anywhere it desired.

I pushed back the chair and rose up on my feet once I was finished with my breakfast. I glanced at my watch and noticing that it was still pretty early, I decided to rush over to his café and check out whether Lewis was any good at serving coffee.