only you.

-best if read in
black/dark setting

INTRO

*•.*.•*

" if all you can ever give me is half of your heart,
i cannot take it ."

*•.*.•*

SUMMARY

GENEVA BLAKE WAS A KILLER, who vowed to never take another life after she'd fully come to terms with her horrible actions. Maybe threaten, but never take something she had no right taking. She wasn't evil, far from it in fact. Gen was kind, she'd always had been. She'd merely been dealt a hand that wasn't so good.

Getting kidnapped was not her fault; that was something she had to come to terms with early on. The man who'd kidnapped her was once a SHIELD agent—someone trusted by many. Yet, his ambitions were his downfall, and he never stopped falling. He believed that SHIELD should recreate the Red Room, but that did not go over well with the board. He'd been shut down immediately, bombarded with disgusted looks and utter disbelief. He was ashamed, but not deterred.

This was unfortunate for many little girls, including Gen, who'd spend the next twelve years of their lives under his boot; working and training and killing. But Gen was always pushed the hardest and treated the worst, because she was the best. That was not good for a still developing mind. Geneva's kindness was part of the reason she stayed so long and so was her willingness to provide multiple chances. She'd never lost sight of her humanity and her desire to be loved and her desire to love. Geneva was fierce if she got worked up enough, but with that ferocity came a lack of control.

Nobody wanted to love a monster.

So, she decided to control it, and get as far way from that man as she could. She was flagged down by SHIELD and offered a position or death. You could guess which one she chose. Geneva was exceptional at what she did, her combat skills and tactics were some of the best SHIELD had ever seen. She was also great at reading people and situations—sometimes too good.

Over the years, she'd found friendships in a few of her colleagues. When she is forced to become an Avenger, things start to be a lot more than she bargained for. Completing simple missions was drastically different from fighting an alien army. But she had to admit, saving the world felt good. Maybe not as good as having a conversation with the man whose courage, and bravery, continued to inspire Americans everywhere, but good nonetheless. His beautiful heart, though, always seemed to be preoccupied.